Come out and visit the BoSP booth at the Philly Center for the Book on 11/14 (1 Viewer)

I have at least 6 shows scheduled for 2016. Most in the NY, MA, PA areas.May do Codex in 2017 if I can get my shot together. Booths there are a cool Thousand for a 6' table. Ouch..

The 14th? I gotta make that happen. I work. Maybe I can switch up my schedule...Something. V cool BOSP.

Philly Dave.... Yes, I would be very sad if you did not make it.

I'll be giving out Bukowski broadsides... Maybe I'll sneak a cooler with a couple beers and we can have a few...

Bill

Depending on time (mine & yours) we could visit in Fairmount (a few blocks North of the library) Buk's former residences too. ;)

There is one in Boston next year and one in Northampton. I will probably do both.
Well, Boston is 12-15 minutes away and Northampton (which I fully expected when I saw you mention MA shows) is about 2 1/4 hours away if I burn up the Mass Pike at 70+ mph (not that I'd ever do that; just sayin').

Out of curiosity, is this series of shows a coordinated effort, or just you seeking out similar venues to promote BoSP?

Out of curiosity, is this series of shows a coordinated effort, or just you seeking out similar venues to promote BoSP?

I need to sell some books. This is all part of my master plan. I have applied with a couple distributors and will have one in place by the end of the year. Next year, I have some titles that I would need distribution for the trade editions. They would be HUGE for me, BUT I cannot get them to agree unless I have a way to do 1000 or 2000 copies. With my current method of sales, that is impossible. I have really 4 titles for next year that are very exciting. Authors that tour, etc.

At the last (it was my first) book fair, the first day I sold NOTHING. The second day, I sold $300 worth of books, with all but $15 to dealers. These are dealers in Beat that did not know that I published Kerouac, Ferlinghetti, Ginsberg. That is what I sold. So, in the end, I made my costs back and picked up three dealers.

I am OK at the book printing and binding thing. Promotion and sales are a real problem for me. These fairs is a step in the right direction.

Bill

Promotion and sales are a real problem for me.

The hustle...the hardest part, for sure. But BoSP has a truly QUALITY catalog, so distribution and book sales could really kick things up to the next level. Really excited for you Bill.

P.S. - Watch the box for a little "Happy 13th Anniversary, BoSP" gift from your NM fan base.

Gonna stop by during lunch break. Couldn't get off work and after i have family obligations. Looking forward.

Nice to meet you Mr Bospress. Loved your set up. If i was a rich man... Well I got David Barker's Death at The Flea Circus among other things. Thanks a lot. Can't wait to dig into it. Hope the rest of yr day goes well.

didn't take apic. too worried about getting back to work in time. all in all, very cool. and pictures of his books on line don't do them justice. In person? Beautiful. And the Flea Circus box set? Amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back