Sneak Peek at Athenaeum from BoSP (2 Viewers)

Hi,
Many thanks. Those that bought copies will get theirs very shortly. They will go in the mail on Tuesday (I think that Monday is a Federal Holiday).

These took a LOT longer than planned.

Bill

man, I can't wait. I'll probably get mine later this week. I hope my binding smells like Brylcreem and 1930 Indian motorcycle handlebar grips. that'd be cool.

If I remember correctly, the binding of your particular book smelled like fennel and Indian reservation.

I've read all the books, careful not to mess them up too much, and now it sits on the shelf...looking fucking majestic.

Great stuff by all. Makes for a varied and enjoyable reading experience--what with the bodies washing ashore, the barfights and dead-beat dads, the icebergs, and rusted ships, and mystical karaoke bands...

And the handwritten poems and artwork...man...

And the clamshell itself...no other way to say it: it's just so MONEY!

Bill really outdid himself with this thing. I'm stupefied by the whole unholy production. Bill is like the Picasso of bookmaking!

got it!

haven't read them yet, but I'm absolutely dumbfounded and humbled by the way they look.

absolutely stunning.

glad I bribed my way into this production.

Is that what the kids are calling a blow job/nut tickle these days? A "bribe"?

Not that I'm passing judgment. You know, considering what I had to do.

I am very sorry to sully this dignified thread in such a manner. Perhaps I should be booted from the forum.

Picked up mine at the post office and did an Electric Boogaloo Shabba-Doo number right then and there......I'm bedridden now but will have plenty of time to read. Thanks to all involved in this.

one man's knuckle job is another man's $300 check made out to "cash".

So, everyone who bought one and all contruibutors received their copies? Anyone missing anything?

Thanks,

bill

I found my copy at the library book sale yesterday. Because all five books were in one clamshell, they only charged me a buck!

Not really, but as I hauled away a box full of 1890s magazines I bought for 20 cents each, a wino asked me for a hand out. I told him, "Sorry, man I spent my last dollar on these books" -- something I've always wanted to say to a wino.

(Maybe I shouldn't type before I've had my coffee, but it's too late now, I'm pushing "Post")

The superlatives have already been thrown around (and deservedly) so I'll just say they are all that, and more. I'm pretty certain they are the 4th gift of the magi.

I like them. At first I thought all 8 were sold but going back I see there are something like 13 pages of 8 each. That's a hell of a lot of drawings. I hope Bill gave you bread and water after he chained you to that drawing table with nothing but an old french book and some markers. Hell, I'd buy one but I'm selling shit like crazy myself to save up for a financially challenged January.

I still have some of this artwork in titles of the set for sale. If anyone wants a copy, I can let you know if your inkpoem preference is still available. It would be for the full set of 5 books, of course.

That's a hell of a lot of drawings. I hope Bill gave you bread and water after he chained you to that drawing table with nothing but an old french book and some markers.
Markers? Ah, you're killing me, man. That's like someone saying, "Hey, David, dig your book ghost. Where did you get that Xeroxed, it looks cool..."

I've been doing those for 7 or 8 years, and I use hand ground ink and brushes. I know they look like they were dashed off in a minute, but the simplicity is an illusion, baby. They actually take some time to make. And only the first 28 were made for Athenaeum.

We received ghost, by the way, and it is a thing of beauty!

ink poems are good for the soul!

inkpoems.JPG

I updated this site with all the ink thingies I did for this Athenaeum project.
so, I was looking at these, and I came across this one:

0102.jpg

and I thought 'christ, I hate that song!' then I read the description and realized you weren't talking about that song. either you fortunately never heard it, or it was an event so traumatic, your mind has erased it to save you.

I'm here to fix that!

you're welcome!

Ah, the 90s. When even the bastard son of Herman Munster could have a hit song!

But just the one. Don't get greedy.

You know, stripped to its core components though, that's a catchy pop tune. But the production is so SOLEMN and IMPORTANT and there is a MESSAGE, you see, a MESSAGE about...about...well, I'm not sure what it's about, but I can tell it's IMPORTANT.

Fucking Canadians.

mjp, who needs diplomatic wikileaks when we've got you?

I remember the CTD from that Solomon Grundy line. Didn't even realize until a few minutes ago that SG was a super villain from the comics. I never did like super heroes.

Of course, CTD went all Minnesotan with back then as well, Minnesota being one of many honorary eleventh "fucking Canadian" provinces.

some kid from Minnesota ate the comma. it was in all the papers. he said it looked like a Pogo, but tasted better than anything his Mama could cook up in the magic frying machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back