Lewis Black

plus 1980's comics
Richard Jeni
Drake Sather
Rick Reynolds
Margaret Smith
Rita Rudner

not that these comics were confined
to the 1980's but categories are easier !

Yeah, Mort Sahl. If Jonathan Winters was the master of the improv, Mr. Sahl was the king of the wordsmiths. Guy coulda written his own dictionary.

Jeez. I don't check this in a long time and there's like 40 something posts... :D Well, the sk8 boarder Mark Gonzales, sticks to skateboarding and is NOT my brother. He's another Mark Gonzales. Check out his website: www.thefakemarkgonzales.com or you can check his Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/thefakemarkgonzales

If anyone calls Margaret Cho and Sarah Silverman funny I WILL slap you. LMAO I saw Margaret Cho and was sOOOOO disappointed. Like, OMG. Sarah Silverman ONLY has her "f'n matt damon" bit... and that's pretty much it. Even her roast jokes are whatev. I'm sorry, but i've yet to see a "funny" woman comedian... just don't see a good one.

The only time i did see a really funny woman comedian is Rita Rudner, but she's classic - 80's comedian. She's the only one that makes me laugh throughout her set... I just wish she wasn't so clean with her jokes. lol

If you know ANY other dirty woman comedians, hit me uuuuup. :D

If you guys like dirty jokes and think outside the box, look up DOUG STANHOPE.

I love him.

<333

Mel Brooks.

I think Mel Brooks is GOD. :) He makes the gratest movies EVER. What are your fav's?

I love em all, but if I HAD to make a decision i'd say:

1. Young Frankenstein
2. Blazing Saddles
3. Spaceballs

<3

I think Mel Brooks is GOD. :) He makes the gratest movies EVER.
1. Young Frankenstein
2. Blazing Saddles

<3

3. Silent Movie

He is not a (GOD) please we love him but no God. You have to give him credit for the great casts in his movies. Gene Wilder, Cloris Leachman, Peter Boyle and Gene Hackman. To name a few. Marty Feldman.:D

O_o

He's real, is an inspiration, and i've read his original scrips. He's a god in my eyes. :)

Wow... didn't think anyone would get mad at the word "god."
(snip.)....
<3

Oh, I'm not mad and I recognize your freedom of religion, I like his movies very much. I just can't see God in his movies. You have to give him credit for putting the right actors together and getting the best out of them.

We could make him a Saint. Okay.

Jeez. I don't check this in a long time and there's like 40 something posts... :D Well, the sk8 boarder Mark Gonzales, sticks to skateboarding and is NOT my brother. He's another Mark Gonzales. Check out his website: www.thefakemarkgonzales.com or you can check his Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/thefakemarkgonzales

If anyone calls Margaret Cho and Sarah Silverman funny I WILL slap you. LMAO I saw Margaret Cho and was sOOOOO disappointed. Like, OMG. Sarah Silverman ONLY has her "f'n matt damon" bit... and that's pretty much it. Even her roast jokes are whatev. I'm sorry, but i've yet to see a "funny" woman comedian... just don't see a good one.

The only time i did see a really funny woman comedian is Rita Rudner, but she's classic - 80's comedian. She's the only one that makes me laugh throughout her set... I just wish she wasn't so clean with her jokes. lol

If you know ANY other dirty woman comedians, hit me uuuuup. :D

If you guys like dirty jokes and think outside the box, look up DOUG STANHOPE.

I love him.

<333

you're pretty annoying, i have to say. i think sarah silverman is funny- her movie made me laugh pretty consistently. i may check out doug stanhope, because i'm curious whether the asshole from the man show II and a girls gone wild video they used to advertise on comedy central is actually funny or not. i had always written him off, but maybe i'm just being prejudicial.

other funny female comedians include:
jen kirkman
tig notaro
morgan murphy

i don't know if they'll be "dirty" enough for you. you seem to have a pretty high threshold if sarah silverman's bits about licking jelly off of her boyfriend's penis, finding semen in her dead grandmother's vagina, or getting bittersweetly raped by a doctor don't do anything for you.

Hm.

George Carlin, Doug Stanhope, Mitch Fatel, Mitch Hedberg, David Cross, Brian Regan, Louis CK, and Dave Attell are favorites... Though there's a lot of good stuff on the XM stations and I don't know many of those names... Oh and Richard Jeni. Learned to love him after he offed himself. Real shame there.

I'm trying to get into older stuff, but... a lot of it doesn't really register with my ADD brain. Probably why I like Dane Cook.

you're pretty annoying, i have to say. i think sarah silverman is funny-

WOW. Alrighty then. That's ur opinion. You like Sarah, I don't. Life goes on. I hope you do look up on Stanhope... and not hear what others say about him...

Anyways...
Eddie Izzard is awesome. You can't hear his work, you need to see him perfom... It's definitely not the same. Dress to Kill is probably the best, I think. His gestures are hillarious. :)

<3

PS.
I was at The Comedy Store when Rogan called Menstealia out. That was hillarious. I was hoping for a riot, but it was better. There was so much drama... and Ned seemed really scared... cause a LOT of comedians kept telling him a lot of shit and ended up yelling on his way out the door. I lost respect for him after that day.

"... what was needed now
was a good comedian, ancient style, a jester
with jokes upon absurd pain ..."

('the tragedy of the leaves' in: 'burning in water...', p.15)

This economy, Folks, it's Murder.
Just Murder.

2669528090_c1c9f7c69f_o.jpg

Some greats I didn't see mentioned above (forgive me if I missed 'em)

Keith Anthony
Patton Oswalt
Maria Bamford

Of course, it seems that in comedy, like in so many other arts, one person's taste is another person's etsat.

it's been said, but Mitch Hedberg was something fierce. If you can, find his indie film "Los Enchiladas"...lots of really funny ad-lib craziness.

Bernie Mac (old school)
Denis Leary's 'no cure for cancer'

and not stand-up but funny as hell:
-Tenacious D
-Mr.Show (Bob Odenkirk & David Cross)
- and for kids of the 80's, the animated show Robot Chicken is hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back