Completely New. (1 Viewer)

It seems I've rushed in here without properly introducing myself. My apologies for this, I am not usually this rude.

The name is Kat, twenty-something girl from Slovenia and I've stumbled across Bukowski only recently (as recently as only a few days ago, actually), in Slovene translation. His poetry intrigued me so I went searching for the originals and my mad google-fu skills brought me here. So, well, here I am.

Hope you'll forgive my initial indiscretion and happy holidays to everyone.

Kat

The name is Kat, twenty-something girl from Slovenia and I've stumbled across Bukowski only recently (as recently as only a few days ago, actually), in Slovene translation. His poetry intrigued me so I went searching for the originals and my mad google-fu skills brought me here. So, well, here I am.
Buk would love you!

Welcome ;)

Hi,
Welcome. It was not rude at all. It is just always nice to see a new face and know a bit more about new members. We have people from all over Europe, Australia, North & South America. I'm not sure, anyone still from Asia here? I do not think that we have any African members either.

Bill

Thank you for the welcome, everyone!

To answer your question, MadBull, Slovenia is currently somewhat snowed in. Nothing major, but we did have a nice white Christmas. Otherwise, it's small and very green, very rural and the people like to drink a lot (not sure if the rural part and the drinking part are connected, however). I wish I was kidding. :p

And Bukfan,there have been some translations, but way not enough. Translated so far are:

- Factotum
- Ham on Rye
- Women
- Pulp
- Notes of a Dirty Old Man

And two poetry collections, one entitled Poems and the other is a selection of his poems from various collections.

So, that's about it. Like I said, not enough of his work is translated although I yet have to read any of them--except for the second poetry collection, which I have read already and that got me interested in Bukowski in the first place.

Buk would love you!

Welcome

Thank you, Lolita Ginsoski. I can only hope he would. ;)

Yeah, Lolita is right, and welcome. Are you a poet?

Thank you, Gerard K H Love. No, unfortunately not. I wasn't even particularly interested in poetry until I had a paper to write on the Beats--which is how I stumbled across Bukowski, too. Now I am rather interested because I didn't think poetry could be this much fun before. Unfortunately, though, I don't have any poetic talent whatsoever. But that doesn't mean I can't enjoy good poetry when I read it. :)

It was not rude at all.

Thank you very much, Bill. I am new to forums and I felt bad for just rushing in without properly introducing myself. Thank you for the welcome, I really appreciate it. :)

welcome, welcome, welcome

Thank you very much. :)

welcome sun.
it seems, in eastern european counties people tend to drink. a friend of mine is romanian, another polish, they like their booze.

Thank you for the welcome, roni. :)

And yes, it seems to be true. I went to Czech once since I have relatives there and had to fight them off because they nearly put me in an alcohol-induced coma. Which is not saying much since I can't hold my liquor to save my life. ;)

Thank you very much. :)

And thank you. I'm currently writing a paper on the Beats, so I'm dealing with Ginsberg a lot and this was the first thing that popped into my head when I was asked for a username. :)

From one completely new poster to another (even if I am newer than you), welcome to the boards!

Do you read more of his poetry or prose? I tend to read Buk's poetry more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back