Cover Boy and Bukowski, Separated at Birth? (1 Viewer)

No, we're not saying Buk is a caveman --

Then why do they put a pic of buk next to a pic of caveman? They apparently think that Buk looks like a caveman...

Thanks, Ponder.

I think it's pretty funny. If I'd seen that pic on the right by itself I probably would have thought the same thing.

People often point out Bukowski's ugliness ; so has he done in his books. I personnaly find him normal, and even attractive on some photos. I don't understand why such a fixation on his so-called ugliness.

Yes, but I think that he had a distorted image of himself because of his acne and his lonely and isolated youth ; he thus couldn't help seeing him uglier than he really was.

I find it idiot to be so influenced by what a writer thinks about himself.

Yes, but I think that he had a distorted image of himself because of his acne and his lonely and isolated youth ; he thus couldn't help seeing him uglier than he really was.

Good point. You're probably right. He certainly focused on his looks a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
People often point out Bukowski's ugliness ; so has he done in his books. I personnaly find him normal, and even attractive on some photos. I don't understand why such a fixation on his so-called ugliness.

I agree, he's no James Dean that's for sure, but from all the pics I've seen he's never seemed abnormal looking or freakishly ugly. Sometimes people, himself included make it out like he possessed the sorta face that you just have to look twice at in horror. Okay his massive drooping beer gut isn't the most attractive thing, but he has a nice smile that puts one on your own face.

Admittedly as an old man the alcohol and general abuse took it's toll on his face & he as exceptionally haggard around the edges, but look at Bob Dylan and Lou Reed! they're no David Bowie's in the ageing department:

bob_dylan_47341.jpg
873-432.jpg

The Buk-Neanderthal photos are fucking hilarious. Jeesh...every white tower poetry professor who hates BUK is saying, "See, I told you so!" :eek:;)

Pax

How PoMo Dylan has (tried to) become. He needs to fire the designer that told him to dye his hair blond and wear a skull cap "like all the kids are wearing". Downright embarrassing, it is....

Lou Reed looks like an old New York Italian. He needs to lose the old man glasses and go with something smaller. If that does not work, he can always dye his hair blond and wear a nice skull cap.

I hear it's the rage with all the kids out there.

Bill

Perhaps he didn't want to get recognized...
It seems it failed.

In chess !? means: interesting move and ?! means
a dubious move.

There is a punctuation mark that is called an INTERROBANG. It is the only punctuation that was invented by an American, and it was just made by combining the ? with the !.

Like this:

75px-Interrobang.svg.png

It can be used like this:

What they FUCK (interrobang)

It implies a question and an exclamation.

Bill

There is a punctuation mark that is called an INTERROBANG.

Interesting thing.
I sometimes use '?!' or '!?' - not in the same sense as chess-notation, but depending on: is it mainly a question shouted out ["You Really want to marry that ugly slut !?"] or is it more of a screem, wrapped in the form of a question ["You really don't serve any drinks after the last call?!"].

This delicate difference would get lost with an Interrobang. But the idea is so nice, I'd like to have it on my keyboard.

Bob doesn't look like himself at all on that pic. Not even the color of his hair: the curls are gone! oh, and that Mikey-Rourke-face of course.
But I must admit: I like the style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back