Database updated (2 Viewers)

I don't know anything about coding, and the work that it implied for you Hannah, but I truly believe it was enormous, and it's totally fine to be tired with that and want to do something else. The database is an amazing gift for the fans of Bukowski's work and I'm very grateful that you did it, and to all the people that helped you, to give us access to the unedited poems and other stuff. Also thank you, Trevor to maintain the forum. Nowadays, I read less of Bukowski, but I'm sure it will strike me again.

Question for @Hannah:

Technical question…

Little background. Remember Literary Mary? We used a very popular and mod heavy open source forum software. Something free, I can’t remember the name. AssHat, I think it was called…

My own beautiful mess. My first name dot com domain, fatherluke.

All my software is text pattern. Hopelessly years out of date.

That happened at Mary. New Php was introduced on the host.

We.
Got.
Fried.

In both cases, Mary and Luke, once the php goes ultra? I’m toast. No two ways of looking at it.

Or, wait, but… what…

What if I took an old war machine, some tower running windows 207, or whatever. Turn it into a Linux or UNIX box, take my software using the same php now powering the software, plug it into the wall, make a raid backup so there is an emergency backup. And hoast the fucker in a corner of my home.

Promised you a question. Would that work?

By the way…
I, well…

… i hope you missed me. Because I’ve missed you.

Last edited:
What if I took an old war machine, some tower running windows 207, or whatever. Turn it into a Linux or UNIX box, take my software using the same php now powering the software, plug it into the wall, make a raid backup so there is an emergency backup. And hoast the fucker in a corner of my home.

Promised you a question. Would that work?

@Father Luke, yes, it would work.

But – old versions of PHP are open to exploit and don't get security patches anymore. So the likelihood is your war machine would eventually be taken hostage by some kids in Belrus or Xinjiang or somewhere and used for nefarious purposes.

I've missed you too, my friend.

@Father Luke, yes, it would work.

But – old versions of PHP are open to exploit and don't get security patches anymore…

Ah. Brilliant. Security patches. Thank you Sensei; the reason for the updates in the first place. Why it never occurred to me to ask WHY the updates, would be hindsight, but is a testament to your prowess.

I love that word: prowess

It can also mean bravery in battle. I still want you on my side in any fight…

Love ya’

And thanks…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back