• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Dear Mr. Bukowski (1 Viewer)

as I said before, there are still copies of this MARO-edition in stock.
I could ask Benno for a good price. At least - and I'm SURE on that - it will be MUCH cheaper than this one!

See what you can do, man.

Me too . . .
sign0077.gif

pick me!
pick me!

(yeah,
sign me up too Roni,
that would b great).
Mayb he'd give you an even greater discount if you ordered 10 of them or something

I'm interested too!
Yes, a discount for buying a bundle would be great...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure about, what he's willing to do. I wrote him a mail yesterday on the subject. In fact, though I didn't remember what price I suggested last time, this time I suggested 200,- again. Funny coincidence. But shows some continuity in my thoughts. (Well, since the Dollar is so weak now, this deal has a currency-caused problem for both sides. but hell, fuck it!)

I was also asking him, if he still has prints of a certain Montfort photograph he used to have, to add for free.

Bukowski_Portrait1_Montfort_small.jpg

will keep you informed as soon as he replies.

I saw this earlier on Powell's site... And was thinking about going downtown to take a peek at it and drool because its out of my range. Completely totally utterly out of my range. At least until taxes get here.

Though I'm eyeballing a copy Terror Street too... Agh decisions!

have talked with Benno yesterday. (was his 60th birthday.)

he is willing to give away his remaining copies for only 50,- EUR (ca. 78,- USD).

given the prices of this item on Abe or at PBA, I don't think that's fair. My idea would be to offer him at least 100,- EUR (ca. 157,- USD).
What do you think?

have talked with Benno yesterday. (was his 60th birthday.)

he is willing to give away his remaining copies for only 50,- EUR (ca. 78,- USD).

given the prices of this item on Abe or at PBA, I don't think that's fair. My idea would be to offer him at least 100,- EUR (ca. 157,- USD).
What do you think?

A stupid, stupid part of me is refusing this... No money. But I really want to. Cheers to those who get their copies!

I don't think that's fair. My idea would be to offer him at least 100,- EUR (ca. 157,- USD).

What do you think?
What do I think? Well my first thought is that you should not look a gift horse in the mouth!

If the man wants $78 who are we to argue?! ;)

Only partially kidding.

I an in for whatever $100 EUR is in my rapidly deflating currency.

I think Roni is saying he's asking 50 but we should pay 100, considering the market. Am I wrong here, Roni?

Roni said so, but I think most of us would rather pay 50 than 100 for obvious reasons. Roni is a good soul and we're a bunch of cheap bastards. I guess Benno knew that ;)

I'm a cheap guy and would be in but my family is so needy now, I dare not spend the money. $78 is a great price on that. Enjoy, you lucky bastards!

I think Roni is saying he's asking 50 but we should pay 100, considering the market. Am I wrong here, Roni?

you're right.

I think that a person who runs a very small publishing house, who was the first to have the guts to publish Buk-poetry in Germany (if not Europe), who is such a giving-with-open-hands person, would deserve to be payed a little closer to what others make of his prints.

I love you guys and want you to make a bargain. And I was hoping, you find it good value for 100,- EUR. Some of you did, but some didn't. So, this is not easy for me. I have to think it over. Maybe I can find a solution, where those who're willing to pay the higher price get something additional. I'm working on it.

I an in for whatever $100 EUR is in my rapidly deflating currency.

I understand what Roni is saying, having dealt with "Amber" on the Blowing My Hero sales, and with Mat on the Montfort photo sales. I love a good deal, but sometimes people don't know what they have on their hands, and once you are friendly with those people it is difficult to not look out for their interests.

you're good guys. now, since I know, we all appreciate a cheap deal and I was the one who started mentioning the 50,- EUR, I'll stick to that and will give it at this price to everyone who has already signed in. (as far as the remaining items are enough. still don't know the number) - but I'll also work on a 'set' of things for those, who are willing to 'upgrade' and pay the 100,- EUR. I think this is a solution that benefits both, the 50,- payers as well as the 100,- patrons. and Benno. I'll make something up and come back to you when I have it.

Thanks a lot, Roni! I'm sure all of us poor fuckers appreciate it!

will come up with the offer in a few minutes.
but there are still two things I'll have to figure out:

first, I don't know if Benno has a PAYPAL-account. I'd goes not. Since I would prefer you to pay him directly, there would be his regular bank-account. But I ain't sure, if this costs you too much money. (FROM Germany to other EU-states we pay Nothing at all and to the US it's okay. But I know there are big differences between countries.) If your bank takes too much, maybe the cheapest way is sending cash?
I dunno. any suggestions?

second, I still have to find a cheap way of insured shipping. From what I see, the regular way would be 'DHL Paket International', but that's ridicoulously expensive. (except, I would ship all items in one paket to one address and the person inside the US would care for the rest.) There would be another option called 'Weltbrief', that is only 8,- EUR, but you cannot insure it. (only something called 'Einschreiben', which means inscribed/registered mail, but it's just a proof, that it was sent, no real insurance.)
any ideas?

ps - these guys are in so far:
(in order of first time they showed interest)
- mjp
- bospress
- Father Luke
- hoochmonkey9
- zoom man
- Bukfan
- hank solo
- Purple Stickpin
- cirerita
- weary.tune

you are guaranteed an item of 'Dear Mr. Buk'.
Later ones aren't sure to be served.

The MARO-appreciation-set

okay babies,
here's the deal:

as I said, everybody who's in by now is able to get 'Dear Mr. Bukowski' for the 50,- EUR (today that's 78,- USD). Plus shipping cost, still to be worked out - see post above.

Everybody who is willing to support MARO by paying 100,- EUR (today: 158,- USD) is able to order

The MARO-appreciation-set

this contains:

- DEAR MR. BUKOWSKI (MARO edition)
these are the remaining copies from the original printing, (limited ed., exact number of copies unknown, should be just a little over 100)

- IRGENDWO IN TEXAS - sneak preview
chapbook, 2000, 10 pages. ca. 5.25 x 8.25 inch.
Four poems from the German edition of 'Bone Palace Ballet' ('Irgendwo in Texas') for promotional reasons. (limited ed., exact number of copies unknown. - only 8 still available, so this set as offered here is limited to 8!!!)

BUK-book_2000_IrgendwoinTexas-sneak-preview_front_small.jpg

- set of four POSTCARDS by an illustrator of MARO
(the original illustrations were in the MARO edition of a book named 'Einmal New Orleans und zurück' (= 'To New Orleans and back again'), a 1968 story from the 'Notes' about Hanks trip to New Orleans to work on 'Crucifix'. The book came out 1990. The illustrations there were printed with 7 colors (instead of the regular 4). I assume this goes for the postcards too.)
(limited ed., exact number of copies unknown.)

MARO_postcards_mid.jpg

- two blank-paged notebooks with facsimile of BUKOWSKI-DRAWINGS on cover-title.
ca. 4.7 x 6.9 inch. (not limited!)
(in one of these two notebooks, Benno Kaesmayr, the founder of MaroVerlag will write a dedication, naming the buyer and thanking him for supporting Maro.)

notebooks_1a.jpg

- poster of the BUKOWSKI-DRAWING, where he congrats Benno to the 15th aniversary of his publishing-house MaroVerlag.
ca. 11.8 x 16.5 inch. (due to reasons of reasonable size for shipping, this poster will be folded to fit DIN-A-4, which is ca. 7.8 x 11.8 inch.)

(Old forum attachment ID is incorrect, see thumbnails.)

- CD-R with an mpg-video of the original VHS-Tape, that MICHAEL MONTFORT filmed of HANK and LINDA congratulating Benno to his 15th aniversary. (incl. Hank reading a poem.)
ca. 8:50 min
Never published before.
(see also: https://bukowskiforum.com/showthread.php?p=25500&post25500 )

roni, I'm going to have to bow out.
my hours were cut at work and we're currently renovating the house, so funds are tight.
but everytime I look at the new kitchen cabinets, I'll think of Dear Mr. Bukowski...
thanks for the opportunity.
steve.

Roni, couldn't Benno create a Paypal account? He could delete it afterwards if he does'nt like to keep it. I remember the last time I sent you money through my bank it cost me about 18 EUR. A paypal account would be a much cheaper way to send money...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back