did buk ever listen to r.crumb favorites (1 Viewer)

reasonknot

Founding member
the crumb soundtrack is great
can"t say how many times i"ve
listened to it while drinking a cold beck"s.
slide it in take a shower ...

but today just started thinking about
the relationship between buk and crumb

wondered if they had any favorites
in common

What Crumb soundtrack are you talking about? The cd that came with R. Crumb's Handbook? Or the cd that came with the book, R. Crumb's Heroes Of The Blues, Jazz And Country? Or maybe something completely different?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
R. Crumb went to high school 200 yards from my house. Still, he is completely unknown in Dover, in Delaware and sadly, much of the US.

The docu, CRUMB is a great movie.

Bill

The CRUMB film is great. I love his brother. R. Crumb is like the publically acceptable version of the weird outsider artist and his brother is the true monster genius, hidden in back rooms, too bizarre to let loose. Bill: Crumb not being known in Dover is like the way Richard Brautigan is not known in the Oregon city he grew up in, Eugene. I asked if they had any Brautigan books at the Eugene City Library and they said "Who?" Back to the question: I kind of doubt that Bukowski shared Crumb's tastes in music, which centers on vintage blues, jazz, swing and ragtime if I recall. Buk, as we all know, was into classical. But I could be wrong. I could ALWAYS be wrong on any topic.

...or the documentary, Crumb...

Right! That's a great documentary! I've got it along with the two books I mentioned and Crumb's Coffee Table Book and many of his comic albums. I'm a big Crumb fan...

crumb songs

the crumb c. d. original soundrack is the one in reference
i saw documentary but dont have a copy so i rely on c.d.
to refresh my memory on things i like to here.
the movie came out after buk past but hopefully he heard
some of these type jewels while still peckin this earth

I see! I did'nt know there were a cd soundtrack from the documentary. Great! I'll put in on my wish list...

The CRUMB film is great. I love his brother. R. Crumb is like the publically acceptable version of the weird outsider artist and his brother is the true monster genius, hidden in back rooms, too bizarre to let loose... .

When I was a bicycle messenger, and living in my car in San Francisco, I
would see R. Crumb's brother, with his beggar bowl, sitting cross legged on
the streets of downtown San Francisco in the Financial District, within site of
the Ferry Building, on Market Street.

He used a cleaning cloth - tape, I don't know that I even want to know what
it's called, that he would suck up through one nostril, and blow out the other.
Then he would drag it back and forth between the nostrils. I swear to fucking
Christ, I thought he had a tape worm.

It doesn't really get weirder than that, and of course I loved the whole
shebang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back