• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Do you have five grand? (1 Viewer)

Isn't this more interesting than a lump of bronze?

Linda King's autobiographical novel Loving and Hating Charles Bukowski has just [been] optioned by a big movie production company. There is A-list talent attached to play Bukowski and King. Look for it in the coming year.

:eek:

Limited first edition?
Limited edition 8/20?
20 in an edition
Could there be a second limited edition?

a lot of milage. . .

Typically with this sort of sculpture there will be

a) the original,

b) an edition cast from the original, which is what this is,

c) possibly a second or even third edition of ?? cast from the original.

Linda King's autobiographical novel Loving and Hating Charles Bukowski has just be optioned by a big movie production company. There is A-list talent attached to play Bukowski and King. Look for it in the coming year.
"Look for it in the coming year" - now that's wishful thinking. Even if it does get made, it won't be out in '08. Not with "A-list" ac-tors. Unless it's a bare-bones no budget kind of thing they can knock out quickly.

I wonder why she doesn't publish the book.

Linda King newest book Bukowski Undigested is due out early 2008. The book includes all her poems written about Bukowski from 1972-present. Cover art is by Matt Sesow.
Hey, I know Matt Sesow. We have three of his paintings here. He was in a show at Carol's old San Pedro gallery. He mentioned last time he and his girlfriend were in town that they had stopped in Phoenix and met Linda King. I guess the cover art is a result of that meeting.

This sculpture is guaranteed to increase in value as Linda King and Bukowski becomes more famous.
Linda King and Bukowski? Heh. That's a bold guarantee. But as a piece of art, it's a damn fine bust of Bukowski, and probably worth the asking price.

Hey, that's CRAZY!

* LINDA KING, PORTRAIT SULPTOR OF BUKOWSKI AND FERLINGHETTI, ETC. ETC. WILL DO YOUR PORTRAIT ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. STARTING IS BID $4500.00, PLUS TRAVEL EXPENSE. I NEED 5 T 2 TWO HOUR SITTING WHILE I DO YOUR SCULPTURE AND ENTERTAIN YOU WITH STORIES OF BUKOWSKI, AND OTHER FAMOUS PEOPLE. *

And now, Bukowski's head is even cheaper... US $3,850.00

Hey, I know Matt Sesow. We have three of his paintings here. He was in a show at Carol's old San Pedro gallery. He mentioned last time he and his girlfriend were in town that they had stopped in Phoenix and met Linda King. I guess the cover art is a result of that meeting.
hi all...
i have had the nice opportunity to meet linda king. we are releasing a book of her poetry, and some of my paintings, on april 19th in san fran.... at the beat museum. you can see all the details at http://www.sesow.com/press/2k8/buk.htm
nothing fancy.
enjoy.... and thanks for looking.
matt.

http://www.sesow.com/press/2k8/buk.htm

Welcome to the Forum, Matt. Do you like the novels, stories or poems of Buk best?

Welcome Matt; Or do you like the potential paying customers captive in this wonderful forum?
I can hardly wait to go to the party. Are they going to cater it with something really good to eat? I hope they have stuff for vegetarians and lots of good Scotch. Nothing less than 12 years old, please.

BY GOLLY, BUKOWSKI'S SCULPTED HEAD! This is the only thing Bukowski related worth dishing money towards! (in my humble opinion) If only I didn't spend 10k on drink this past year!

Now available: a plaster-cast of the Bukowski head sculpture etc

plaster.JPG

Now that is a great idea! Not that I can afford $500 anymore than I can afford $5000, but it should do well at this price. At least better...

Bill

I'd like to see the "Chinaski" sculpture. Surely there are other known Bukowski sculptures around. I saw a bunch of small sculptures he made at Linda King's house circa 1971, if any of those survived.

1c_1_b.JPG

Her son offered one of these to me at a pretty good price a few years ago, but I didn't buy it because Carol said it was ugly. Ha. It's certainly dusty.

They missed the mark with the "bronze" paint on the plaster casts though. It looks like gold leaf. And ten percent of the original price still seems high for a plaster copy.

Incidentally - gold painted plaster-casts of the 'Chinaski' piece are included in this new sale.

Bargain! :cool:

chinaski-plaster.JPG

I do not like the gold finish over the plaster. If is too shiny. There is a technique where some kind of powder is applied first and the gold coloring is rubbed on, which really captures the color of bronze, it is even hard to tell. I should look it up. Even a transparent mat wood stain over the gold paint could do the job.

Now that is a great idea!
The idea is fine,

I must say, the idea may have come through me.
I was talking with him and Linda about the rights to make an affordable copy of the head and offer it through the bukowski-shop as early as December last year. We were close to making the deal, but it seems I took too long to find a good fabric and a craftsman who could do the job. Also, I wanted to offer that head much cheaper than that. Seems that opportunity is gone now.

She seems to think that everything is worth much more than it really is. Her heads, her book...she is cutting off her nose to spite her face. As the kids say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back