do you wear glasses? (1 Viewer)

justine

stop the penistry
if so, you should check out these two websites:

http://www.goggles4u.com

http://www.zennioptical.com

not to sound all spammy, but buying prescription glasses/sunglasses from an optometrist is such a rip. i was dubious about buying online till someone i knew was first successful. so far, i've bought 3 pairs + a pair of prescription sunglasses, and all have been great. the best part is that all four pairs cost me well under $100 IN TOTAL (that's including: frames, lenses, postage, hardcases).

all you need to be able to find frames that will suit you is the faceplate width measurement of your current glasses. you also need your prescription information, but you can ask your optometrist for that.

So DO I (my necklace's B letter stands for one of my nicknames...Bree, like you know who).

But contrary to mjp's and Gerard's, my eyes DO NOT have any problems with wriggling smileys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, Glasses Direct are a decent UK based site for all the fellow Brits. At first I felt a little dubious about buying glasses online, rather then from the high street, obviously with issues of quality, getting the right pescription etc. but you can't argue with getting a 75% reduction compared from high street prices.

Laser eye surgery is something I've considered if I have a spare couple of grand, which sadly I don't. But I'm a bit dubious about it, especially since I had a few eye operations when I was a toddler.

Thanks for the info. I will be making my first optometrist visit sometime this year. I've been using cheap-ass reading glasses from the drugstore for a while now. One of those websites will come in handy after I get my prescription info.

Ambreen - Read the third line, please.

:):):)
:D:D:D
:mad::mad::mad:

i got a pair of prescription sunglasses from the goggles4u site ($25 incl tinting and postage) and the 3 other regular prescription pairs from zenni. the sunglasses took along time to adjust to - probably because the lenses are so much bigger and more curved than regular lenses.

i have heard rumours that the reason they're so cheap is because they're made in asia by underpaid adolescents, but i'm choosing to remain ignorant in my quest for stylish yet inexpensive visual aides.

Ah yes, the tyranny of the spectacles. +200 if you please. I lose them regularly, and can no longer read a damn thing without them...hell, I can't shave with out them. Oh well

Ambreen - Read the third line, please.
I can't read it, I don't know where I put my glasses !

More seriously, I really have glasses, but not like Ugly Betty's ones, I don't like that kind of thick and brightly coloured frames at all, I find them so unsightly. And I DO HATE the current trend which consists in wearing glasses recovering half of the face ; I'm working in a Parisian district full of gays and hipsters, a lot of them are showing off in the streets and in the bars with such glasses, it 's just horrible and ridiculous.

081215_131209_proudJarvisCockerMattiaZoppellaro.jpg
solidays_paris_top_sean_lennon_001.jpg

Jarvis Cocker, Sean Lennon

I've never bought something online and it would never occur to me to buy glasses by this way; especially now that I know why they are so cheap. Well, buying glasses in stores is assuredly expensive but on the same time, it's not something we do every month, so it's not an expense which disturbs me.

Laser eye surgery is something I've considered if I have a spare couple of grand, which sadly I don't. But I'm a bit dubious about it, especially since I had a few eye operations when I was a toddler.
I remember that my highschool philosophy teacher did that. She told us that it would be nothing and that she would come back within one week. She finally came back after more than two weeks and with a huge plaster on her operated eye, explaining us that it was a heavier and more painful operation than she thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back