ehmm hello (1 Viewer)

:mad: Nize site. Just read Ham on rye and I guess I rediscovered CB. Made me feel like drinking which is almost impossible being stuck on Farow islands. I'm going fishing saving up some money for...well. Nize site. Are U all wannabe writers?

Last edited by a moderator:
not me either
(I was going to write 'nor I' but I thought that would make me look like a wannabe writer).

Hello Skarving, welcome aboard,

Yeah I'm a big time wannabe writer...nothing wrong with that as long as you're writing (and getting rejected) no problem there :-), I just wouldnt want to be sitting around 'wishing' I was a writer. Although I have met a real writer on the forum, HankD, in fact I just ordered one of his books from bospress...bospress is always hanging around these threads :-)

So have fun, this is a great forum. I'll need to get a map, where are the Farow Islnads and whatya do there? Are you, perchance, a wannabe writer>

Bobby D.

No nothing wrong with that, just teasing. In fact I do write. However it's mostly music that I write. Bospress..don't get it...?
Farow Islands is somewhere in between England and Iceland. Up north from Denmark...(which is where I'm from)My friend Jakup, another fallen artist, inherrited a house from his father, which gave me the opportunity to go up there to have some peace and do whatever it is that I do...Later on I'll be going out on the sea fishing. It is possible to earn a whole lot of money but it's really hard work...Yes definetely a great forum...glad to have found it.

:mad: Nize site. Just read Ham on rye and I guess I rediscovered CB. Made me feel like drinking which is almost impossible being stuck on Farow islands. I'm going fishing saving up some money for...well. Nize site. Are U all wannabe writers?
"cicada"

Hey Skarving, thanks for the post!!

I'm American, in Arizona, but I've been to Denmark once...I got married to this German girl in 1981 in Tonder, Denmark! I wonder what happened to that girl? LOL. Actually, she's just in the other room, still with me after 25 years... that's staying power (because I'm really not that interesting... :-)

I found the islands on a map, seems a bit remote, a bit chilly to go 'fishing'. It's sunny and warm here in the desert :-) I'm a City Planner with the City of Phoenix, which I'm sure is just like the Frow Islands :-)

OK, Skarving, go earn some money, write some songs, watch out for German Frauleins, they're tough to shake!!

Bobby D

Yep sure is chilly here. And remote. But usely I live in the center of Copenhagen surrounded by what seems to be an eternal party, so at least to this point I'm enjoying it.
I lived my two first years in Tonder...and I heard about them German girls...
A city planner won't be needed here in this 600 people town...anyway thanks for your reply.

Welcome Skarving! - Nice to meet a fellow dane of the Bukowskian persuasion on this Buk vessel in cyberspace. Hope you catch a lot of fish on the Faroe Islands so you can make a lot of money and can afford buying a lot of Buk books...:)

Ehh ups... in the beginning is was actually saying fairy...until someone assumed some things about me and those islands...

Thanks man. Its pretty cool...also litterally. Today I'm waiting for some captains to call me back and I might go out with a boat tomorrow for a week...

Ehh ups... in the beginning is was actually saying fairy...until someone assumed some things about me and those islands...

LOL...Faroe Islands is not the place for fairies. The people up there are part of the danish "bible belt" so...:eek: - anyway, happy fishing...

Yep starting to realize that...How would u know?. Never saw so many different churges in such a poorly populated place. My friend has got long hair, which is enough to make people turn their heads or look offended. Love to hate them....
Ha det...

How would I know? There was a program on tv 2 weeks ago about the loathsome way they treat fairies up there (gay bashing etc.). It's impossible to be openly gay and get away with it. The problem was raised in their local parliament who don't want to do anything about it. Talk about being a good christian and love thy neighbour - Ha!
Long hair? That's almost a felony on the Faroe Islands...:D

Lol or I guess it's not really funny. Yes I read about this gay who was totally beat up outside a disc. He is now admitted in an mental institution or maybe he is out again. Poor guy...
Seems to me that this is the place of many weird paradoxes. By the way my palls family is a line of drunken priests...

The weird part is two Danes talking in English on a Buk site about gay bashing and drunken priests on the Faroe Islands...that seems pretty weird :-0

And I know Skarving knows some German so maybe I'll write in German and we can have two Danes and an American speaking in German and English on a Buk site, about fishing and gay bashing and drunken priests...das waer dann was ganz verruecktes, nicht wahr?!!

This site is great, you guys are the best! Bukfan, Skarving...hey, they got any beer out there on the Faroe Islands ?

Bobby D

Hello and welcome to the forum? You have been fishing - I would love that as a day job! One day...

I am not a wannabe writer. I am the greatest writer in the world.

:D

I'm sure u are olaf. And the girls they dig u for that.
How is Ireland these days??

And I know Skarving knows some German so maybe I'll write in German and we can have two Danes and an American speaking in German and English on a Buk site, about fishing and gay bashing and drunken priests...das waer dann was ganz verruecktes, nicht wahr?!!

This site is great, you guys are the best! Bukfan, Skarving...hey, they got any beer out there on the Faroe Islands ?
wow.... sure is weird huh???? for an American that is...?!?
Anyway smartass- just got a bottle of Famous Grouse and a case of beer. So now I'm doing a whole lot better.

Dein deuthch is so schlecht man kan es garnicht glauben. Ein bishen Ubung ist ein guter idee. Nicht war?? arshlock Bobby
Anyway love u too

Only on bukowski.net!

Indeed!

I was waiting for some more to join from the german-speaking-sector. Can't be that I'm the only one and not even German.

Ihr macht das nicht schlecht, Leute. Hut ab!

Aber Hallo Johannes..

Skarving kann auch Deutsch (hab' ich irgendwo gelesen)...Ich bin auch kein Deutscher, habe aber 5 Jahre in D-land gewohnt (war dort stationiert beim Militaer 1976-79), dass ist aber verdammt lang her!!! Was soll's!!

Anyway was interested in knowing if Bukowski poetry is translated into German...(I've seen novels in translation)... and if so how does it read against the English? Seems like a very difficult task, I've seem some glaring errors in German - English transaltions of others to a popint where the translator becomes a "co-author" a of a new work altogether :-) ...just curious

Viel Spass noch, Jungs!!

Bobby D

PS: Happy Thanksgiving to the Faroe Islands!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back