F.A. Nettelbeck? (1 Viewer)

nettelbeck, he crazed in all the wrong ways. except i do appriciate the pictures of the girls mooning the camera on his poetry generator on his website. it doesnt take much to please me,

I'll maintain that he was very nice and civil in e-mails to me when I purchased the copies of THROB. Maybe it was just another manic Monday.

I second the motion that Gerard has frequently been the voice of reason and dog-photo of adorableness which adds up to a great thing for the rest of us.

Those Corgis have a special power...

Agree, I love that fuckin' Corgi. It looks smarter than 98% of the people I meet on any given day. And I'm seriously weighing the other 2% as I write this.

I second the motion that Gerard has frequently been the voice of reason and dog-photo of adorableness which adds up to a great thing for the rest of us.

Those Corgis have a special power...

Right on! Corgy power to the people!

CorgiHayGuys.jpg

Gerald - thanks for taking the negative attention off of me . . . couldn't help but laugh at the shit storm my post caused. I should have done some more research. Still looking for reviews and feedback - the web has a bipolar opinion of him. Some call him an innovative, experimental poet that made some strong showings - others, like a lot of this board, seem to be turned off by his personality and translate that into a 'bad poet.'

Enough already.

i don't think that he is a bad poet because he is a tool. He is a bad poet and a tool...

ditto both youse guys.

and how.

anyway, curious, the well is dry on the Nettlebeck question, don't you think? ask us how we feel about Bukowski.

you already know how we feel about Bukowski, you say? yes, you're right, you probably do already know. but you already know how we feel about Nettlebeck, and yet you keep asking us over and over and over.

is it over?

Gerald - thanks for taking the negative attention off of me . . . .......snip. . . .to be turned off by his personality and translate that into a 'bad poet.'

First, call me Gerald and the negative attention could return. Second, you need to roam around in this big Bukowski party for a while until we get some of the bad taste out of our mouths about F.A.N. Third, it is quite obvious that our first impression of the afore mentioned has exhausted nearly all possibility of us giving him another read.

That reminds me, I drank 48 oz. of beer yesterday afternoon.;)

...couldn't help but laugh at the shit storm my post caused....a lot of this board, seem to be turned off by his personality...
No, I think you're confusing people who are "turned off" by trolls (that would be you) with people who are "turned off" by rotten poets. There is a difference, you see. You like rotten poets, we don't like trolls. The two are unrelated.

Now, here I go. Watch. I'm kicking you out of here. Listen -- do you hear that? It's THE MASSES weeping and wailing over the blatant disregard for free speech! Listen to them...children of the night...what music they make...

"couldn't help but laugh at the shitstorm..." was pretty much exactly what i was talking about re: the troll trophy on the troll shelf. good riddance.

i finally understand what trolls do! it was all new to me. but now i know...they go to a forum, find a topic that people disagree on, then pose a fake question and stir up some shit, and when responses come in, they say, oh, my what have i done? my query has disrupted the forum and everyone is upset!!! it's all my fault! what have i done? and, it makes them feel IMPORTANT. is that all they want? why don't they just go to church???

edit: know that i'm drunk, really drunk, and fucking trolls make no sense...

at least they could post a funny picture while they troll....ok, i'm goin to bed.

granny.jpg

What kind of horrible, skid row, rotgut whiskey comes in a god damn gallon jug?!

And where can I buy it?

No, I think you're confusing people who are "turned off" by trolls (that would be you) with people who are "turned off" by rotten poets. There is a difference, you see.

heh heh heh
A boot out like that almost makes me want to become a troll...
:D

what was this nonsense about?

i've read this stuff what's ita bout

i drnk too much

What's the difference between Justcuriousisall and CuriousReader might be a better question. I was willing to give him a chance until he revived this thread.

Curiousreader,
You asked a simple question. I'll give a simple answer. From what little I've read, Nettelbeck is interesting. Different. He would drum-up more interest if he would lose the shock-rock business.

Just so you'll know, there's a second copy of F. A. Nettelbeck's book BUG DEATH, listed on ABE. This one is $50, the other that's been there for a while is $60.

It seems not many dealers who list on-line have copies, or if they do, they aren't listing them. I imagine there are copies out there in used bookstores at $10 or so, but the cheapest I've seen on the Web is this $50 copy. I'm curious to read it, but I'll wait until I find an affordable copy.

Go to the back woods of wherever he is and bring him a 40 ounce bottle of Mickey's, King Cobra or Olde English "800." He'll probably trade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back