FACTOTUM movie tie-in (Ecco stinks!) (1 Viewer)

WOW... I can't believe how cheap and flimsy the paper in this book is... It really makes you appreciate BSP. This movie-tie in book looks like a Judy Blume kids book, pretty cheap. Once again ECCO continues to make the mistake of listing YOU KISSED LILLY as a title 'currently available' from Harper/Ecco... I'd like to see it, but I doubt it's gonna happen!

only 'extra' is a MATT DILLON drinking in the bar cover...
it's SMALLER than the 'trade' edition.
The paper inside is like toilet paper, very thin, cheap. Will not AGE well...

yeah, I saw it at the bookstore the other day....CHEAP. even for movie tie-in standards. but if it gets people reading Buk...

WOW... I can't believe how cheap and flimsy the paper in this book is... It really makes you appreciate BSP. This movie-tie in book looks like a Judy Blume kids book, pretty cheap. Once again ECCO continues to make the mistake of listing YOU KISSED LILLY as a title 'currently available' from Harper/Ecco... I'd like to see it, but I doubt it's gonna happen!

Uh-oh. Black Spring was able to keep most everything in print, but it looks like that's not going to be the case with ECCO. Glad I was able to read B in the best editions at the time most of them were first released. Those were the days, gentlemen and ladies, those were the days. (And by the time I was done with them, the books were so dirty, beaten up and stained with fingerprints and food, that I was ashamed to share them with friends. But that didn't matter anyway because they belonged to me body and soul at the time. Then I dumped them in the trash after I felt I had absorbed the heart of them.)

Uh-oh. Black Spring was able to keep most everything in print, but it looks like that's not going to be the case with ECCO.

Have any of the ECCO editions gone out of print, or are any in danger of becoming o.p.? Have they said if they plan to keep the Buk catalog in print? Anybody know?

Hi,
They will keep them all in print. There is money to be made from the catalog, so there is no reason for them to pull any full titles. That being said, I would expect that the two books with Crumb (There's No Business & Bring Me Your Love) may not stay long. Those always struck me as one time printings. I was surprised that BSP continued to print these. I believe that they were also included in later books....

Best,
Bill

I see my humor is running too subtle, ha. Just a little oblique reference to an oblique reference, etc. But, yes... You have to admit, no one can spin a word riff like H.M., writing volumes while saying nothing in particular, and doing it beautifully. And, if you've ever heard him speak, you can't believe that such writing could come from such a brooklyn accent.

SD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back