Favor!!!! (1 Viewer)

i have never read Bukowski, and nor do i want to. NO OFFENSE. My friend says she loves his work and that hes her favorite author and etc. I want to get her a gift and i figured it be a book from him, NOW since i don't read Bukowski i don't know which book I should get for her.

RECOMMEND ME ONE, NOT THE MOST POPULAR ONE BECAUSE SHE PROBABLY READ IT ALREADY BUT A GOOD/NICE ONE.

HELP ME OUT.

thank you.

There's a lot to choose from, and if you just read a few of these threads, you'll quickly get some opinions.

Do you know if she's read his novels or short stories or poetry?

A recently published poetry collection 'The Pleasures of the Damned' is such a massive book with many of Bukowski's best and most popular poems, that it would make a nice gift.

Even as a longtime Bukowski fan, I also found Run With the Hunted to be a nice volume. I agree with Pleasures of the Damned being a great collection of poetry, but Run With the Hunted is a nice hodgepodge of poems and prose, mixing in excerpts from the novels, short stories and poetry. Just my two cents' worth.

I love this question. And it can be adapted for use in so many situations!

---

i have never seen a Robert De Niro movie, and nor do i want to. NO OFFENSE. My friend says she loves his work and that hes her favorite actor and etc. I want to get her a gift and i figured it be a movie from him, NOW since i don't watch De Niro movies i don't know which movie I should get for her.

RECOMMEND ME ONE, NOT THE MOST POPULAR ONE BECAUSE SHE PROBABLY SEEN IT ALREADY BUT A GOOD/NICE ONE.

HELP ME OUT.

thank you.

I love this question. And it can be adapted for use in so many situations!

---

i have never seen a Robert De Niro movie, and nor do i want to. NO OFFENSE. My friend says she loves his work and that hes her favorite actor and etc. I want to get her a gift and i figured it be a movie from him, NOW since i don't watch De Niro movies i don't know which movie I should get for her.

RECOMMEND ME ONE, NOT THE MOST POPULAR ONE BECAUSE SHE PROBABLY SEEN IT ALREADY BUT A GOOD/NICE ONE.

HELP ME OUT.

thank you.

Well mjp;
You should get you friend A Boy's Life it features Leonardo DiCaprio and of course some fine acting.

J503 Get her The Days Run Away Like Wild Horses over the Hills she probably does not have that one.

Even as a longtime Bukowski fan, I also found Run With the Hunted to be a nice volume. I agree with Pleasures of the Damned being a great collection of poetry, but Run With the Hunted is a nice hodgepodge of poems and prose, mixing in excerpts from the novels, short stories and poetry. Just my two cents' worth.

Yeah Harry, I really like Run With the Hunted too. Only problem was, soon after when I bought South of No North there wasn't much to read that I hadn't already seen. But it is a great sampler. In fact, if I remember correctly, I received my copy of Run With as a birthday gift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back