Favorite Bukowski You OWN (1 Viewer)

I only possess five books from Bukowski (the others that I have read have been borrowed in libraries or from a friend to whom I have transmitted my bukmania). I read a lot so it will ruin me to buy every book I want to read :D...and I have less and less place in my room.
But I am a bibliophile, I do love books as objects and I guess that once I will finish my studies, find a job and have my own home, I will begin collecting some beautiful pieces, and not only from Buk...for the moment, I content myself with collecting barrettes with flowers to put in my hair :D

The favourite Buk book I own is a second-hand specimen from Women because I like the mystery surrounding that kind of books ; they have a past, a previous owner, and all that renders me very curious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ambreen: if you pm your address to me I'll send you some Bukowski
related things for free.
And no, I don't need anything in return.

Thank you very much Ponder :) People are so sweet here, I believed that this community of buk-addicts included some rough and rude guys and I finally met no one like that ; it's reassuring :D

No no, I'm just sending it to the guy in your picture there. I taped the picture to the box and put on a stamp. You should get it soon.

I Love the people here.
really!
I do!

(this time my thanks for being generous goes to Pond,
but ALL YOU BEAUTIFUL other cats around know, you're pointed at with my fingertips not less than him!!!
- I love you I love you I love you !)

... or - as BUK did it:
attachment.php

Attachments

• BUK_PAM_letters_038_iLOVEyou.gif
    BUK_PAM_letters_038_iLOVEyou.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 459
Livy Painting "Love" @ 4 years Old

Pardon me for being sappy.
My first and last fridge post.
But it makes sense here... ^^^

The next generation of collector agrees.
(In my will, she has quite a BUK collection already...)

And, as Lennon let this orb know, Love Is All You Need...

picture.php

picture.php

Olivia, 4 years old "” it's never too young to create...and warm your hands around "Love."

Pax, Roni. From across the pond...

(Footnote: Big bro helped minorly, but it is her creation.)

Factotum.

I've been through that life. What he says rings true even down to
Janeway Smithson saying 25 years on the job like it is a good thing, to wheeling a bone barrow down the rows of boners at an abattoir and having to prove yourself worthy of doing that.

Yes, my very favorite Buk in my collection is my hardcover of Factotum. It isnt numbered or signed, or a first edition. Its just words. I love it.

My favorite is probably a battered copy of Bone Palace Ballet. I think it was the first Buk book that my dad gave me (he's piled them on since then so my memory is fuzzy).

I also credit Post Office with finally getting me to quit an especially crappy job back in college so that one is up near the top.

My favorite is probably a battered copy of Bone Palace Ballet. I think it was the first Buk book that my dad gave me (he's piled them on since then so my memory is fuzzy).
Oh so sweeeeeeeeeeet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also credit Post Office with finally getting me to quit an especially crappy job back in college so that one is up near the top.
It's funny how Hank helped some of us to take capital decisions !

'Tales of Ordinary Madness', hands down... quintessential Buk genius in my opinion.

And it doesn't hurt that his observations on the the whore mother that is LA and the depths of human degeneracy possible there so reflects my experience. Wish I could write like that, but there never will be another.

I'd say RIP, but I don't believe he'd know how to handle it if he got it.

...the whore mother that is LA and the depths of human degeneracy possible there so reflects my experience...
And you can read all about it in Feral child's upcoming autobiography, A Mormon In Tinseltown: One Boy's Story of Debauchery and Eternal Damnation. Available in LDS bookstores everywhere.

My favorites are Notes of a dirty old man , because it was the first book i read . Then Shakespeare never did this because it was difficult to this time to buy it here , but I got it .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back