• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Fine Press Edition of Ham on Rye (1 Viewer)

I am the owner and operator of The Prototype Press in Oakland, California. I produce limited edition books using traditional printing and binding techniques. Several years ago I acquired the rights to make Ham on Rye in a small edition of 52 copies. Over the course of two years I cast the book in metal type and printed the pages by letterpress. It was then bound in-house. Below is a short "making of" documentary of the me making the book in case anyone is interested.

Cheers,
Mark Sarigianis

Password: hamonrye

www.theprototypepress.com

Hello Mark. Where the hell did you come from?

It is always inspiring to catch a glimpse of the truly insane doing the lord's work.

As I watched the video I was doing some mental calculations, and figured that you couldn't sell that book for less than $3,000, and I see that I wasn't far off. As a book, it may seem expensive to some, but it's as much a work of art as it is a book. And really, as a work of art, you may be undervaluing it.

It's quite an unusual and impressive thing you've done.

amazing! too many quotable lines from the vid to pick one.

thanks mark, it's inspiring to know there are still freaks like you around.

good luck with it.

Boy! You are sick! I mean: good-sick, magical-sick.
This devoted labour of art will make you big.
to quote from Emerson: "I greet you at the beginning of a great career."

Truly inspiring! How beautiful is this? That is fantastic. Thank you for showing the video. Can't wait to see what you will do next...
Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back