'fire station' poem (2 Viewers)

Does anybody have the complete text of Bukowski's poem about visiting a firehouse with his girlfriend, playing poker, and basically pimping her out? I can't find my copy of it and I can't recall what book it's in.
Thank you!

Fire station in Run... p.158

we came out of the bar
because we were out of money
but we had a couple wine bottles
in the room.

it was about 4 in the afternoon
and we passed a fire station
and she started to go
crazy:

and we passed a fire station
and she started to go
crazy
:

Maybe a little off topic, but what is it with women going crazy over firemen? " Oh, but they save lives." Yeah, right.
I like that poem because of the way Bukowski took them for some drinking money. Maybe even some rent money too.

You're right, it's like I am about those uniforms the girls at Hot Dog on a Stick wear.
Girl%20Hot%20Dog%20On%20A%20Stick%20smaller.jpg

Now if they would just slide down a pole.

Maybe a little off topic, but what is it with women going crazy over firemen? " Oh, but they save lives." Yeah, right.
I like that poem because of the way Bukowski took them for some drinking money. Maybe even some rent money too.

You know Gerard, your question got me thinking. Are women attracted to firemen? Personally I have never been and have had no girlfriends married to guys in uniforms. But again, let's define a uniform. . . if jeans and t-shirt are!?

Back to topic, she said:
"a FIRE STATION! she screamed,I just love FIRE engines, they're so red and
all! let's go in!"

Reading these words, I can almost hear Buk's voice imitating a woman's voice at a reading.

"We would'nt want a scandal, would we? We both might lose our jobs. Of course, I'm not working."
-------------

"Nice clean girl. I ride it myself"
---------------

"Then she came down the pole. She was good with the pole. A real woman. Nothing but guts and ass."

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I do know that some women like their men in uniforms. I really had to think about that. The kind of men who choose a career that requires a uniform and also the type of women attracted to such men. It probably has to do with power . Life savers , saviours. As I said if I would have to choose one, I'd go for a happy one,without the gun, the hose, maybe one with a needle or a pill.
http://dagobah.biz/flash/black_man_in_scrubs_dancing.swf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back