the database is going to kill me

i see that i can find all but two poems from F,f,and bestial wail
except two,in other books i have

how can i read pomes:I TASTE THE SWEET ASHES OF YOUR DEATH and

SOME NOTES OF DR.KLARSTEIN
any help anyone?
thanks

I think there are still glitches when searching
Itaste the ashes of your death, and some notes of doctor Klarstein.
Just sayin.could be me .but i cross reference most of the time.
And I know you guys are perfectionist.Hell,for all i know ot could be my Keyboard.Anyway,
I am becoming more involved with the "only forum that matters"to increase my brain capacity.

I think there are still glitches when searching
Itaste the ashes of your death, and some notes of doctor Klarstein.
"Itaste the ashes of your death" fails because "Itaste" is not in the database. "some notes of doctor Klarstein" fails because it's "Dr.", not "doctor".

The best way to search is on a unique (or somewhat unique) part of the title - "Klarstein," or "ashes." That will always match what you're looking for, and have the added benefit of sometimes popping up titles you may have never heard of.

mjp,So it looks like you fixed some more things.A loose match search for Dr. and Taste
brings up references now.some other random checks i did all work,except( pome)shows nothing.Looks like your new ship is getting tighter my the hour.what a fun place to be now.Almost feels like 2006 again!

I re-read Bukowski's correspondence with E.V. Griffith from 1958 - 1960 this morning. I never realized Bukowski helped fund "Flower, Fist and Bestial Wail."

This makes sense in a lot of ways. And Griffith did try to make the book "legit" in a way by not filling the book with all new poems. From what I could understand, Griffith only wanted poems that had already been published. That seems to be one of the reasons it took so long to come out.

Does anyone know if Bukowski helped fund any of the other early chaps?

He sent money to the Webbs Those weren't chapbooks, I know, but I seem to recall that he did send money to help in the production of other books, but I don't remember any specifics at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back