• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Getting fancy now - Signed Buk books (1 Viewer)

Fancy indeed. Stunningly beautiful editions. Jordan! I suspected you got some rather precious fruits but some of the titles you're offering are way ahead. Thanks for the post.

PS. Almost bid on the three volumes of letters upon seeing the 'Buy it Now' price of only 450 USD when I found out that Screams is signed alone... lol

yeah, hopefully the title isn't too misleading. i figured most people would be able to tell from the colors that living on luck isn't the signed variant (and reach for the sun wasn't issued signed, since it came out too far after buk's death). still, i don't think $450 is too bad - it's basically $250 for the signed one, $150 for reach, and $50 for living on luck, which is still probably cheaper than abe. maybe not... i guess i should have checked first. i do think $300 is a pretty good deal for all 3, so i hope someone puts in a bid.

it's been interesting seeing the prices of some of this stuff, since it isn't what i thought. i've seen HC trade editions of post office sell for $200, so i was surprised no one bought mine for $100. i broke even on bone palace ballet ($100) and lost money on open all night (paid $150, sold for $125). if you factor in eBay fees, i lost money on both. and no one seems very interested in that new year's greeting, which would have done $30 or $40 a couple years ago, but that harrison book sold for $35, which was surprising to me. i guess the market is splitting, with the midrange items (later books, unsigned deluxe collections) leveling off, but the upper end stuff continuing to rise.

i don't know how much more buk i'll sell - i'm down to one signed book (war all the time), and that's my favorite poetry book, so i don't want to sell that one. hollywood is the most valuable buk book i have (aside from heat wave), but i haven't reread it in 5 years, so i might as well let it go to someone else.

Your copy of Hollywood tempted me, but my rule is that I can only buy one copy of the same book from the same person. Since you already sold me a copy of Hollywood, the rule kicked in, sorry. I sold the copy I bought from you anyway. I mean, how many books can a person have? Really.

I remember Jordan saying that this particular version of Hollywood was his favorite, or perhaps that the print was his favorite. I'm surprised to see it on the block.

Hollywood is one of my favorite buk books, second to Ham On rye. I think it's a really underrated look at buk coming to terms with his fame. However, I'm trying to downsize my collection, which has just gotten too large. I'm also raising money for a trip to Paris to attend a book signing by my favorite artist, so I needed to include some big ticket items. And I'm not selling heat wave!

luigi serafini. i've been waiting for an opportunity to meet him for almost 8 years, and i wasn't going to let the atlantic ocean stop me. i'm flying from here to new york to oslo to paris, then back via stockholm and new york, which is saving me around $700 over a direct ticket from san francisco. oh, and i have a phobia of flying (but also tranquilizers). i'm traveling for 8 days in order to spend 4 days in paris, and there's not even a guarantee that i'll get any of my books signed. but, it should be a unique experience no matter what, and (as i mentioned), i just have too many damn books as it is.

finally, for @mjp - i did consider selling heat wave and avoiding not only the headache of selling and then shipping 100 books on eBay in a 3-week period, but also the pain of having to get rid of so many of my beloved books... especially when the fuckers keep selling for LESS THAN I PAID FOR THEM. but i just couldn't do it. i could probably get more for HW than for all these other books combined, but i'd really be sad not to have it anymore.

Thanks for the info on Serafini, never heard his name but got curious so I will check his works out. Good luck with your plan, hope it will materialize the way you'd like it to be!

bill - not for very long. i have a 6 hour layover there on 12/4, so you can come hang out with me at the airport! on the 10th, i arrive from stockholm around 8PM and fly out the next day at 7PM. i'm staying with a friend in the city, but i'll be around during the day, probably checking out strand and desert island and generally resting up since i have to be back at work on the 12th. let me know if you can make the trip down and we'll meet up!

Jordan's stuff is still going too cheap, even though the 1995 New Years got a price it actually deserved. Come on guys, peel a couple more bucks off your roll and give it to Jordan instead your dealer -- who always shows up 2 hours late with shit my grandmother wouldn't buy...

I have that Loujon Henry Miller book. $75 is a steal.

someone should jump on that.

On a different angel, the HI Fructose items Jordan has up are very tempting... But are these guys ever gonna reach the Ryden level?

I've got individual bets on other Fructose artists that seem like a better bet, but i love these box sets that Fructose puts out. I have no idea how they make any money on them. They are top shelf quality and I WANT THEM ALL...

You should too.... So out bid me...

Last edited:
i think ryden is in the vol. 3 box set and book, but he didn't sign it. there are some big names in there - audrey kawasaki is pretty in-demand and can get close to six figures for a painting. i'm actually surprised no one has bid on that one yet, since it has a little drawing by her. josh keyes is getting pretty big too... although they're a ways away from ryden, who broke the 7-figure barrier at his last show in LA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back