• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Good buyers (1 Viewer)

zoom man

Founding member
Looks like I'm flying one-way to my childhood home in upstate NY
(and yes, abosolutely dreading it)
then
(and as quickly as possible, ditching and)
driving cross-country with about 13+ big boxes of collectible books,
the only thing I left there.

Can anyone recommend a great buyer of books?
I have no quick need to get back (to the west coast)
and can criss-cross to get to the best buyers.
As I type this,
I'm realizing you probably need to know what type of books...

I haven't seen them in years, but they are, for the most part, modern collectible classics,

and some collectible classics (Hemingway, Steinbeck)
and some odd ARCs thrown in.

Some great Buk stuff too; does anyone know if Scott pays well?!,
but of course, I would offer all that stuff here first.

Ok guys, thanks for any and all info
(I'm kind of turned off by e-bay right now...., has anyone ever sold on Amazon?)

Looks like I'm flying one-way to my childhood home in upstate NY
(and yes, abosolutely dreading it)

Some great Buk stuff too; does anyone know if Scott pays well?!,
but of course, I would offer all that stuff here first.

Ok guys, thanks for any and all info
(I'm kind of turned off by e-bay right now...., has anyone ever sold on Amazon?)

Are you dreading the flight, or the stay at "home?" Flying is fun, and lines are short this year! I understand your reticence about family.

From what I know, Scott Harrison is liquidating, and doesn't seem to be buying anything Buk these days. As for other writers, I don't know, but I would suggest another contact might be more likely.

And hell, I'll be sure to look for whatever Buk you're selling here, for sure!

As for Amazon, from what I've heard, you're better off selling on ebay.

I'm jealous that you get to fly. One of my supreme pleasures. I even like waiting in airports...

I even like waiting in airports...

Me too... all the over-priced bars and looking to steal a smoke...I love the major airport atmosphere (MAA?!) with all the melting pot co-inhabiting.
Yeah, dreading seeing my old stomping ground,... and my mother with her new found....

I really love flying; gives jaded attitudes a kick in the ass
(or more ammunition?!).

I love the major airport atmosphere (MAA?!) with all the melting pot co-inhabiting.
Agreed. Though it was much, much better back when you could just stroll up to the gate and hang out without having a ticket or undergoing a full cavity search.

Zoom Man

If you aren't in a rush - you can list them yourself on a book selling site. Just under cut the next lowest price.

Otherwise, check who has the most books by a particular author on abe and other sites and do a ring around.

Or - if they are really good - sell as a colleciton through one of the auction houses.

Agreed. Though it was much, much better back when you could just stroll up to the gate and hang out without having a ticket or undergoing a full cavity search.

How about the smoking section on planes?

And now at the airport here (Tampa), they either have working, or will have up and running (for the Super Bowl) the new body imaging machine; it takes a full shot of your entire body (sans clothes) for the techs, er, security to see. I've seen the shots in the local newspaper (with blackouts). Imagine a hot actress or hot whatever going through (not being sexist here); "Excuse me, we need you to step into this line for a moment...."

As for me, I get my kicks on Route 66.

GOOD LUCK SELLING THE BOOKS! AND BUNDLE UP!

Just back in Holland.

The last 2 months I've seen a couple of airports. No fun.
First Amsterdam-Philadelphia-Montreal. A few weeks later: Montreal-Boston.
And finally: Montreal-Philadelphia-Amsterdam.
Boston-Montreal by bus was a real nice experience.

Glad to hear you're back home safe and sound! - What were you doing in Boston - sight seeing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I thought about it to contact you and get drunk together but I needed to work and stay sober.
Glad to hear you're back home safe and sound! - What were you doing in Boston - sight seeing?
Visiting a good friend & working. You know I don't do tourists stuff...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back