Great Anti-Bukowski Broadside in Wormwood Review (1 Viewer)

bospress.net

www.bospress.net
You know that you are doing something right when you upset douchebags like this. I love how he claims that reading dirty poems "turns" you into a homo-sexual.

This was limited to only 400 copies and tipped into the back of Wormwood Review #14 (1964). My first copy did not have it, so I found a copy that did have it. This copy is #230.
Bill

IMG_2760.JPG
IMG_2761.JPG

I love how he says that there is more honor in raping the land for oil and gas than in making love to a woman who is not your wife. Gotta love the early 60s thinking. This explains why Bukowski and Wormwood were so important. These people NEEDED to be upset. If the writer is still alive, I can bet that he is appalled that gay people can marry those that they love...

Also, I KNOW that there was a response from poets to the letter in a later issue, but cannot find it. It seems like it would be in 15-20, but I looked and looked. I'm missing it somehow. That was how I even knew that this letter existed, by reading the response.

Last edited:
I'm sure that it was just great! I looked the author up. His real name was Harry A. Hunter and only found one possible hit and even that is questionable. Seems that for a poet with so many opinions of what was good poetry, he could not find many venues that agreed with him...

I am married, have a fairly beautiful wife who takes care of my sexual needs in a clean manner, and respectable.

Well ...

Thanks very much for refusing my submissions. You were smart and knew they did not belong in your publication.

Probably all you got to know about this letter ;)

He did'nt take the rejection of his poems very well. :D

"I am married, have a fairly beautiful wife who takes care of my sexual needs in a clean manner, and respectable."

In a clean and respectable manner? That sounds boring. :hmh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back