Greetings from Flanders (2 Viewers)

Saw the movie Factotum a year ago or so and saw it again a week ago. Started to do some research and here I am.

Done my share of reading in the past, but surpassed both literature and philisophy. They bore me to death, all fake.

But a few are for real, and so seems Bukowski. I like that. I like his attitude.

So... exploring now...

I'm not a nut and not looking for comfort. The masses are nuts and they might need it, but then again, I don't give a fück about what they need. Thanks for the welcome.

attitude, combined with intelligence and heart, will win you over every time.
I saw Barfly yesterday on the net and it wasn't good at all. Horrible overacting, typical Hollywood crap. Hoped it would improve with time (the first ten minutes are just pathetic) but that did not happen. Anyway, Bukowski hasn't anything to do with that.

Going to read what is on the net and pick up a couple of books by him. The only weird thing so far: poetry.

Why do men write poetry?

Last edited by a moderator:
Siegfried, men write poetry for the same reason they pick up guitars: to attract women! That, or they are fags. Poetry is funny that way, because only two kinds of guys write it; really horny stud men, or fags. And that's funny, right?

A lot of guys in this forum write poetry, and if you could read it, you'd know they were all fags. I am the only stud man here, so if you want to know the truth about anything, ask me. These sissy boys don't know the truth. But we do. You and me, brah!

flanders_groening.gif

Bill, you should've posted that Flanders pic in the comics thread instead. :D

Siegfried, men write poetry for the same reason they pick up guitars: to attract women!
I don't write poetry and I get plenty of pussy. More ways to get it then writing poetry. Poetry is sooo female.

Will read some of his poetry, but doubt I will like it. I never liked it, and sure as hell not starting now.

Have you seen ? It's not a bad Bukowski based movie. The dialogue is in Flemish. Stick with it.

(The version linked above is Flemish but with Spanish subtitles)

Will read some of his poetry....
Whoa, whoa --- hold up, hold up --- I thought you were a man? If you start reading poetry, you're practically as big a fag as those fags who write it!

I'm starting to wonder about you. I thought you and me were men, brah! What the fuck?!

Like my friend Dalton, who was a bouncer in a roadhouse once said "I want you to be nice until it's time to not be nice."

I saw Barfly yesterday on the net and it wasn't good at all. Horrible overacting, typical Hollywood crap. Hoped it would improve with time (the first ten minutes are just pathetic) but that did not happen. Anyway, Bukowski hasn't anything to do with that.

Going to read what is on the net and pick up a couple of books by him. The only weird thing so far: poetry.

Why do men write poetry?
Actually Bukowski wrote the screenplay, so yes, he had something to do with it. You seem to like Factotum, but hate Barfly, will surely hate all of his poetry, letter, short stories.

Maybe it is best to move on and assume that you only like Factotum, but don't like Bukowski at all.

Still, that does not explain why you are here. There is a perfectly good forum, I'm sure, devoted to James Ellroy, who has some really good movies based on novels AND he hates poetry(especially Bukowski's poetry), just like you. Still, I hear that he sucks Bruce Wagner off, so I'm not exactly sure why he hates poetry, as YOU would assume that he would just love it...

What kind of Faüna do they have in Belgium?

Bill

Siegfried, men write poetry for the same reason they pick up guitars: to attract women! That, or they are fags. Poetry is funny that way, because only two kinds of guys write it; really horny stud men, or fags. And that's funny, right?
Hey Siegfried! Wait a sec! Let's differentiate a bit here. There are also two kinds of fags. You've got the horny stud macho fags and the horny sissy flower puff fags. The first kind write macho rock lyrics while the second kind write modern flimsy-wimsy poetry. And then you have the sissy flower puff wimpy men who act like fags butt technically aren't. They only read modern flimsy-wimsy poetry. So technically a stud man could be a stud fag, and a sissy fag could be a sissy wimp guy, and all of them could be horny.

Does that clear things up for ya?

Have you seen ? It's not a bad Bukowski based movie. The dialogue is in Flemish. Stick with it.

(The version linked above is Flemish but with Spanish subtitles)
Movie was pretty good. Not to watch again and again, but just good. Part 5 had no sound, but, oh well.

Does that clear things up for ya?
Yeah, a lot of faggot shit here.

Like my friend Dalton, who was a bouncer in a roadhouse once said "I want you to be nice until it's time to not be nice."

Actually Bukowski wrote the screenplay, so yes, he had something to do with it. You seem to like Factotum, but hate Barfly, will surely hate all of his poetry, letter, short stories.
I don't hate the movie Barfly, just really bad acting and the story as a whole wasn't great.

This is not a hate or love thing.

Haha, this one is a good thread. I don't understand when people post on here to say:

Yeah I saw a youtube video with Charles Bukowski reading poetry, not bad.

I saw factotum in 27 parts on the net, I think maybe I'll check out a book now.

Poetry is for fags, so I know I wont like Bukowski's poetry, but my friend told me to join this forum,

etc, etc,

WHY BOTHER?

say, Zigfried...which one is you?

attachment.php
I took the picture.

Unlikely. You are way too homophobic to be confidently straight.
Ah, psychoanalysis. Nice hobby, but, it ain't science.

WHY BOTHER?
If you don't understand, why post yourself? But then again, that you don't understand explains it all.

Btw, nobody told me to join the forum. I'm exploring the chap and these days, well, a lot of people use the net to gather information.

Don't worry, I'm not one of those who posts 200+ messages a week.

I'm pretty sure he's one of these two...
Nah, I'm in the middle. Look at my pretty eyes.

Ratel,

Voordat je verder gaat met iedereen afzonderlijk te antwoorden,
wat is precies je doel hier?

De denkwereld van Bukowski verkennen, maar blijkbaar zitten er hier nogal wat figuren die graag het alter ego spelen van drankverslaafden onder elkaar die zeveren. Maak je geen zorgen hoor, ben geen forum addict. Ik bekijk het even en dan trek ik verder.

The thinking of exploring Bukowski, but apparently there are quite a few characters here who like playing the alter ego of alcoholics among themselves that drivel. Do not worry enough, am not a forum addict. I look at it here and then I pull away.

Off to visit SiegfriedRatel's house over the weekend and the crafty lad gave me a makeover. Said something about, "dressing on my cock salad." Left without saying goodbye.

thumbnailCAYO0AGQ.jpg

You just joined and are already sucking up to the mods like crazy. People, using the word loosely, like you are truly pathetic.

Ok guys, he'll leave.
Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood !

Ha, the translation is horrible. In any case, I said I will look around and then leave. That means I decide when. OK, a ban would fasten things up, but would only show how weak some people are here.

I am basically a very nice guy. To some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back