Greetings from Germany (1 Viewer)

Thought I would say a quick hello. It feels nice to find a place with all those people who know AND love Bukowski.

I discovered Bukowski through his poetry some years ago-I started with"Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame" and "Love is a Dog from Hell" .
Reading his words for the first time was like a shock to me (in the good sense), as I think I had never read anything with such power and presence, yet with such simple words.

Strangely enough, I find it more and more difficult to find people who know this writer- most of my friends here in Berlin are not native English-speakers, and are just too lazy to read Bukowski in the original language. So I guess this forum would make me feel less lonely!

Also I wanted to say hi to Roni, who recommended me the forum last summer in Andernach. If I say I'm French, maybe he'll recognize me!

Cheers,
Dora

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, all those languages with a French accent. Although I sometimes get a British accent in English when drunk.

Hello Dora! Good to see you here.

The german speaking fraction needs members.

And even more the Girls-who-are-into-Bukowski-fraction ;)

Hi Dora,

good to see you here!
As I said before, you'll like it. It's THE place to be in all things Bukowski.

p.s.:
I'm going to send you the article now, that I've told you about.

Welcome Dora. As they say, any friend of Roni's...

should probably get a blood test.

I KID!!! I kid because I love...

Welcome aboard, Dora! As Hooch says, any friend of Roni's needs to get their heads examined are most welcome here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vielen Dank!

Ps: Roni thanks for the article, it gave me some ideas to explore. Can't wait for you to see what I wrote!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back