Groups you WOULD like to see reunite (1 Viewer)

No it wasn't. But I've played in some stress-filled/freaked-out situations too, only without a talent like Westerberg.
I've played in some stress filled situations with people who were very talented, and it's no better. Well - maybe a little better, because if the audience are throwing things, they are likely aiming for the talent, center stage.

So we agree.

Dr. Feelgood, with the late great Lee Brilleaux, Wilko Johnson, John B. Sparks and The Big Figure. Those first four lps: Down By the Jetty, Malpractice, Stupidity, and Sneakin' Suspicion were Pub Rock.

Mmm, good point.

Okay, can I have the Bee Gees reunited, Rob Zombie as lead singer but only doing Carpenter songs with John Tesh on piano.

reunite

operation ivy
wu-tang clan
pink floyd (roger waters / david gilmour era)
geto boys
phish
soundgarden
rage against the machine
parliament / funkadelic (original 70's or 80's line-up)
elvis costello and the attractions
at the drive-in
black sabbath
butthole surfers
CCR
the misfits (w/ danzig)
the fugees
mr. bungle

Good news, Rage Against The Machine is back together! Original members as far as I know. They're mostly doing shows in Europe. IMO they are everything a rock band should be. Proficient, angry, and actually have something to say. Hopefully they do some more shows in the states. They could call it the "Told Ya So Tour"

I'd like to see Black Sabbath reunite but Marie Osmond in place of Ozzy and then for guitar I would like Jose Feliciano and they wouldn't do Sabbath songs but "Light My Fire" and "You Light Up My Life" and "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" and instead of bass they would have Rick Wakeman from Yes on Keyboards but he wouldn't play except he would read excerpts from "Tales of Topographic Oceans," and while this was going on Paris Hilton would be pleasuring Marie Osmond in the most delicate way.

But, alas, this is all a dream of mine. And that it must stay.

I'd like to see Black Sabbath reunite but Marie Osmond in place of Ozzy and then for guitar I would like Jose Feliciano and they wouldn't do Sabbath songs but "Light My Fire" and "You Light Up My Life" and "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" and instead of bass they would have Rick Wakeman from Yes on Keyboards but he wouldn't play except he would read excerpts from "Tales of Topographic Oceans," and while this was going on Paris Hilton would be pleasuring Marie Osmond in the most delicate way.
I saw that very show in 1976 (only it was Caroline Kennedy, not Paris Hilton). Overrated! You didn't miss anything.

But, alas, this is all a dream of mine. And that it must stay.

It sounds like the 'cid in CA is a bit better than that in MA. ;)

Actually, that sounds like a great show. EXCEPT: Gotta have Tammy Wynette on upright bass.

Now we've got something. :cool:

I would like to see the members of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young reunite but they would do it dressed as the members of Kiss and only do tunes by Nine Inch Nails.

Good news, Rage Against The Machine is back together! Original members as far as I know. They're mostly doing shows in Europe. IMO they are everything a rock band should be. Proficient, angry, and actually have something to say. Hopefully they do some more shows in the states. They could call it the "Told Ya So Tour"

no fucking way, good, I liked RATM, cools!

oh yeah

the smiths...but I have heard that is impossible 'cus the issues they got

Kind of off topic, but just found out NIN has a new cd out free for download on NIN site. Also put out a four disc set, which can also be downloaded for as low as $5. theres other download options for various prices. Trent Reznor finally got out of his contract and is doing things the way he wants to. A big F-U to the recording industry. How can you not like a guy like that. Sort of a Howard Hughes thing, "I'm rich, I'll do what I want, no matter how 'crazy' you think it is. Now piss off!"

PS. I am not Trent Reznor or affiliated in anyway with Trent Reznor. Don't want you to think I'm pushing a product. I just think its a really cool and necessary idea.

I would like a reunion of the Greatful Dead and in place of Jerry Garcia they would have Fiona Apple singing his guitar parts. Also, instead of Greatful Dead tunes they would primarily do Abba tunes and would sing them in Swedish.

And, oh my, special guest like- the Bay City Rollers, Cher, Gordon Lightfoot & Ted Nugent would pop in but only to do songs from Jesus Christ Superstar or Saturday Night Fever.

It would be a splendid night, indeed!

Seems we've tossed the 'gotta be alive' rule out the window? Good.

I say the original line up of Traffic. Winwood, Capaldi, Chris Wood & Dave Mason.

Or, The Tubes.

Oh, wait, The Tubes are back together and I'm actually going to see them in concert tonight. Nevermind.

I would like to see the Beatles, reunite, but alas, two of them have gone onto a better world-so they would be replaced by the two remaining members of the Who and all the remaining members of the Ramones (three drummers.)

But instead of Beatles tunes they would play songs by Billy Joel & Barry Manilow and they would sing them in a death metal voice to a salsa beat. Also, Michael Bolton would make a special guest appearance but only dressed as Michael Jackson and he would moonwalk! The finale would have Vanilla Ice singing "I Will Survive" with his hair on fire. It would be a spectacle indeed.

I'm afraid that there is no music promoter quite as bold as my ideas!

Slimedog, these are GREAT.

Thanks, Bill, I truly would love to see these shows. If I was dictator of the world I would hope to do some good but first on my list would be to force, by gunpoint, some of these shows to happen.

I can picture a version of "(I Love You) Just the Way You Are," sung in a death metal voice as three drummers lay down a salsa beat. And trying to figure what song the guests pick, Cher doing Jesus Christ Superstar, Nugent on Staying Alive, can be fun, also.

Of course, my biggest fear is someone will steal my ideas, make a lot of money off this & I'll lay drunk and destitute in a gutter in Baltimore.

I would like to see Fleetwood Mac reunite with some minor adjustments.

I would have Jello Biafra as lead singer instead of Stevie Nicks, who would be offstage having stagehands insert cocaine in her anus, and instead of good old "Mac" tunes they would do the entire Bat Out of Hell album by Meatloaf. Also,jazz great Al Dimeola would sit in but instead of guitar he would be banging a trumpet against a large oil can and complaining about his tight shoes. At one point it would be nice to have Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull come out playing the flute and dancing on one leg while Jello attempted to urinate on him!

The climax would have Celine Dion come out, stark naked, singing, "Hit Me With Your Best Shot," accapella (no musical accompaintment.)

How could any Fleetwood Mac fan go home disappointed?

Ah, what a glorious dream of a night it would be!

I'm almost on board. Substitute Zamfir, Master of the Pan Flute, for Ian Anderson and I'll buy a ticket.

I'm almost on board. Substitute Zamfir, Master of the Pan Flute, for Ian Anderson and I'll buy a ticket.

It was very thoughtful of you to offer this suggestion but frankly I can only see this substitution as bringing the whole integrity of this production down.

You're right, of course. I was just trying to make it more of a celebration of obscure wind instruments, and exploit Zamfir's rabid worldwide fan base.

Yes, I didn't want to seem ungrateful as it is truly heartwarming to have your input on this project. I just felt your suggestion was, it I may be blunt, a bit absurd.

I've seen a lot of great bands at the beginning and peak or their careers, but the Clash eclipsed almost all of them (when they were on their game anyway, which appears to have been about a third of the time).

Better than Aerosmith third on the bill with one record out and everything to prove, better than Bob Dylan in 1978 with nothing to prove, but still kicking ass, better than Iggy Pop in a bar room that held maybe 300 people, better than Led Zeppelin two nights in a row (almost got killed that second night, but that's another story), better than Bachman Turner Overdrive - wait, scratch that last one...when the Clash were good there was no one better.

Well, except the Bad Brains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back