Ham & Rye (1 Viewer)

I just finished reading Ham & Rye My question is was Bukowski making fun of Catcher in the Rye? if so I think its funny as hell cause I think that book is so over rated.

I reread Ham ON Rye recently. Realized a joke I was telling 30 years ago came from that book (the one about the guy robbed at the side of the highway and left tied up there until a good samaritan shows up). Haven't read Catcher in the Rye for a long time.

was Bukowski making fun of Catcher in the Rye?
You mean did he spend a year of his life writing a novel about his youth just to make fun of another famous novel? Is that what you're asking?

Because that seems like a profoundly stupid question.

Welcome! :)

Nah cause I thought he was making fun of candy asses like you & Holden Caufield. You probably have a pool for Christ Sake.
I reread Ham ON Rye recently. Realized a joke I was telling 30 years ago came from that book (the one about the guy robbed at the side of the highway and left tied up there until a good samaritan shows up). Haven't read Catcher in the Rye for a long time.
Yes I thought it was funny I was going to tell it at work but then I thought better not

:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back