Happy birthday Lolita Ginsoski ! (1 Viewer)

yeah, from me too!

lolita.jpg

Happy Birthday! Have a good day and do something special. Based on your poem I read a while back it sounds like you should take one of those showers you wrote of. The other Mr. G. should like that as well.

Happy Birthday! Have a good day and do something special. Based on your poem I read a while back it sounds like you should take one of those showers you wrote of. The other Mr. G. should like that as well.

Haha, Mr. G wrote that poem ;). We're boring - we spent the first four hours of the day at the DMV after I opened some lovely jewelry from him and cards/money from others... then came home, had dinner and cake and watched the House premier. HAHA. Not to say in-between A and B we didn't cop feels. We're young at heart :p

Thanks you guys, very much :)

ha! no, just offering a different perspective.

besides, I'm a lover, not a fighter.

kubrick's

[...] besides, I'm a lover, not a fighter.

hooch, that's what I love about you.

I didn't mean the 'fight' literally anyway.
It's just a question of personal taste and maybe I too would've brought up a pic of 'the other movie' just for the purpose to show there are 2 of them.
Still the Lynne-version is much better! ;-))

Loveya, roni

Kubrick takes it to a funny-place. Which is great, a film-maker should take creative liberty, to an extent. Kubrick does it perfectly for that day and age.

Lynne takes it to what I always thought Nabokov meant by it. The demeanor of the whole thing, the ambiance was correct, in my opinion. Though I liked Kubrick's interpretation of Quigley (whatshisname??? The weird guy that steals her away... the play write?) better than Lynne's. But on the contrary, in my opinion, Lynne's opening sequence is better, featuring whatshisname. And there's penis. (Who doesn't like penis?)

wanna start a fight about which of those two movies is a better adaption?
I'll take the James Mason/Sue Lyon version, although the new one is certainly sensual and a worthy foe. Anything with Peter Sellers, however, almost certainly is better by virtue of his performance ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back