Happy Xmas Eve/Xmas/Hannukah/Quanza/etc everyone. (1 Viewer)

Lolita Twist

Rose-hustler
Happy *insert Holiday of celebration here*, everyone. Hope everything is well with all of you... what did we all do for Christmas Eve tonight (or the 3rd day of Hannukah?... I hate being politically correct)?

The family spent it at my Grandparent's house... the entire family was there, hasn't been like that for years... we should do that more often, under better circumstances. It was bittersweet. It was a nice time... Mr. G got Gram Doo-Wop tapes, that made me smile :). And he got my grandfather the first two seasons of Homicide: Life on the Streets. My mother and I cooked the dinner for everyone, and Gram's brothers brought over dessert (rum-balls and cheesecake)... All in all, a good night with a few tear-y moments.

As I write this, it's only 5:20 PM in Nevada so our Christmas Eve is only beginning. I just put the turkey in the oven and my lady and I will find a movie to watch on Pay Per View. I'm disappointed that my favorite holiday movie, "Home For The Holidays" with Robert Downey Jr. and Holly Hunter (not to mention Charles Durning and Anne Bancroft) is not playing on any frickin' channel anywhere on the planet according to the IMDB. Last night we watched a terrific old TV movie, "Gore Vidal's Lincoln", with Sam Waterston as Abe and Mary Tyler Moore incredibly convincing as the neurotic Mary Todd Lincoln. Great turn by the gruff Robert Gammon as General U.S. Grant.

There are few Christmas movies I like, but in my choices I am terribly cliche... my favorite is A Wonderful Life, which never stops playing in Upstate NY during the entire month of Christmas... and A Christmas Story, which they have 24 straight hours of on TBS. Haha.

Sat and watched/poked the fire until it went out. Drank beer.

Today is Christmas, no more wood. Might get some more, and eat some Chinese food...and drink more beer.

Happy Holidays to all.

Happy Christmas! :P

*I sit here with a LARGE ENGLISH LANGUAGE REFERENCE COLLECTION (a present), intent on improving my grammar and punctuation over the next few decades.

Last night ,my son and I watched "it's a wonderful life", and we brought back memories of the last ten years.
As I am closing my store selling antique and retro stuff, we remembered the best and the worst, moving furniture all over town, the funny situations and the several injuries resulting , in lifting that stuff. Overall, I never made a profit.
There is something very intimate about entering all these homes. I remember walking into a house that was entirely decorated with Christmas stuff.A huge tree with hundreds of ornaments.The was even a Santa on the towels and the shower curtain,on the dishes displayed on the table. An electric train was running on the livingroom floor. Walls were covered with trinkets up to the ceiling. That was in July. . .
At another time we got stuck for 2 hours in a staircase , holding an oak armoire, unable to go up or down or drop it. Months later,the person who bought it, knew the trick to take it apart in 5 minutes.

Oh, what is the name of your store/where is it located? I love antique/vintage stuff. Good times, noodle salad.

Awesome Christmas presents from Mr. G :):

2m7t2lg.png

2a6m5w3.png

:)

Oh, what is the name of your store/where is it located? I love antique/vintage stuff.

It was in Lachine , Quebec. Called "La cache de l'ours".
Nearly seven years. . .
Yesterday , I gave one thousand vinyl records for free. I did not want to lift anything anymore. I am getting too old.

Sounds like you had great gifts.

Ahh, French Canadian, eh? (That was not intentional, I swear it.)

SHIT! One thousand vinyls, for free? Praise you.

I did indeed. Et toi?

Merry Christmas and Channukah to all.

My daughter made it home safe but late and we had the spinach lasagna and drank wine or white Russians. Of course the kids stayed up until 3:30 playing PS3 and drinking 7& Coke. Yummy.
It is a better than average Christmas.

Happy Holidays Everyone !

Christmas Eve -
Dinner with Dad and brother at a nice restaurant.
Slept over at brother's house.

Christmas Day -
Woke to smells of garlic and herbs in
kitchen from sister-in-law's cooking.
Took family dog for nice long winter walk.
Family dinner at their home with 23 in-laws.
Realized 4 out of 10 nieces/nephews can now legally drink
and realized time is fucking flying.
And that's not a bad thing, just a remarkable thing.

Santa should be bringing me a new computer soon
and I can't wait to get back here more often.

Cheers, everyone.

I cannot imagine. I do not have much of a family left to speak of. Never really knew my dad, my mom passed away in August, and my cousins (six of them) live in far-flung parts of the continental U.S. and, in any event, I have not seen them since childhood. My daughter, who lives with her ex-wife, and I have a somewhat estranged relationship. I received a Christmas card from her. She wrote:

"Sorry I haven't been keeping in touch. I've been very busy lately with preparing for auditions on flute and keeping my grades up ... I'm probably going to be free after the 13th, so I'll call you then. I'll be a lot less stressed after the 13th."

How can a 13-year old child be so stressed? I would expect such a sentiment in a Christmas card from one of my business associates, not my kid.

And so it goes.

She wrote:

"Sorry I haven't been keeping in touch. I've been very busy lately with preparing for auditions on flute and keeping my grades up ... I'm probably going to be free after the 13th, so I'll call you then. I'll be a lot less stressed after the 13th."

How can a 13-year old child be so stressed? I would expect such a sentiment in a Christmas card from one of my business associates, not my kid.

And so it goes.

It's funny, Rodger. The way the internet has progressed, I've envisioned kids growing up to be in "the real world" and not know what it means to be face to face with people and having a real conversation with them. It sounds as if your daughter has her plate full, but is just using common parlance of today.

I was terribly stressed as a child in school; I just never really expressed it, and I turned out OK (argue amongst yourselves). Your daughter is pursuing music and keeping up with her grades. That's wonderful news! If I were her dad (if you're cool with me saying so), I might just let her know not to stress out too much about things; if she keeps at it, she'll get on just fine with life. She sounds as if she's well-adjusted to the rigors of life at an age when you and I were more concerned with still being a kid. Progress? Maybe not; but life does evolve in a fashion.

The Barking Dog (HOLIDAY) Song

My dog loves you. The family dog loves you. You did good.

Just curious - do you like the dog who sings that holiday song? And, does the dog get any royalties? That bitch should. Unless it's a stud. The I don't really care...

Gotta run for the moment; the ice cream man is jingling his jingle jangle tune, and it's 80 degrees here. I need a frozen sponge bob squarepants, with my little girl...back in a few moments...and please pass the mosquito repellant; they are biting my legs!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back