HelllllOoOOoOOOo Its my first time ever... (1 Viewer)

Hello My name is Cynthia this is my first posting and well I decided it was time to learn a poem, Ummmm well I met a guy from match.com yesterday a bit of a boozer to say the least. It was an interesting date , we sat at three different bars. I loved it! Soooooo He recited a poem on style and living with style. I would ask him about the poem but we sat at a stoop to discuss his poodle that he ..... we parted ways rather abrutly ( giggles) I must say while it was fun, I could never do that dailyit was this guys life..... hmmmmmm LIFESTYLE, Go figure it brought me to you!

New to bukowski.net , With your help I will spread the words. AHHHHHHHH can anyone help me out with this? I will make all of you proud!!!

Sincerely
Cynthia

And hello to you Cynthia. Sounds an interesting date to say the least, although anyone that lives like that daily might be taking it to the literal, a bit too much. Glad you got onto Bukowski, let him take away some of your fluffy ideas and ideals ;)

Ha - well, that match.com guy sounds like a thousand pound tool, but Bukowski wrote a lot of poems about style, so that one may be hard to pin down.

Style is the answer to everything.
Fresh way to approach a dull or dangerous day.
To do a dull thing with style is preferable to doing a dangerous thing without style.
To do a dangerous thing with style, is what I call art.
Bullfighting can be an art.
Boxing can be an art.
Loving can be an art.
Opening a can of sardines can be an art.
Not many have style.
Not many can keep style.
I have seen dogs with more style than men.
Although not many dogs have style.
Cats have it with abundance.

When Hemingway put his brains to the wall with a shotgun, that was style.
For sometimes people give you style.
Joan of Arc had style.
John the Baptist.
Jesus.
Socrates.
Caesar.
García Lorca.
I have met men in jail with style.
I have met more men in jail with style than men out of jail.
Style is a difference, a way of doing, a way of being done.
Six herons standing quietly in a pool of water, or you, walking
out of the bathroom without seeing me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back