Hello everyone, I'm Gregor Milligan.

I am a huge Bukowski fan, have been for years and I'm attempting to read everything he's ever written, thought this forum would be an interesting place to discuss his body of work, and just general off-topic chatter.

I'm a heavy drinker, and a guitarist. I write and record and Bukowski's a huge influence on me. Anyone fancies hearing some of it, just give me a shout. It would mean a lot to me.:)

I write this while drinking a Tennent's Special Ale and a large Highland Park, while watching Born Into This for the umpteenth time.

I found this forum by Googling Hank's name, thought I'd join haha.

Cheers everyone, nice to theoretically meet you.

"I could feel this beer shit really coming on."

welcome Gregor.

the Highland Park is fine, but I prefer Lagavulin or Laphroaig. of course, if you're buying, I'm not picky. ;)

enjoy the forum.

I'm not really an Islay whisky fan, bit too peaty. Still good though.

I have Tobermoray, Highland Park, Glenfiddich, Glenmorangie, Isle of Jura, Bowmore and a small batch one who's name I have forgotten.

Help yourself. ;)

Hello. Liked your 'teenage kicks' cover. Go easy now.

embrace the peat, my friend.

I also like the Undertones cover.

favourite Bukowski book?

Highland and island loyal. :D Missed out Jura in my list, it's my favourite.

Hello. Liked your 'teenage kicks' cover. Go easy now.

embrace the peat, my friend.

I also like the Undertones cover.

favourite Bukowski book?

Thanks for the positive feedback on the music:). Favourite novels are Post Office and Ham on Rye, favourite collections are Notes of a Dirty Old Man, South of No North and Hot Water Music.

Howdy, Gregor!

Och! Another Scot! Can't have too many of those.

Welcome to the boards and enjoy the goodness!

My favorite Buk novel so far is Women.

Welcome, gregormilligan. Someday when I'm Rothschild-like filthy fuckin' rich it's my dream to own a castle in Scotland and roam it listlessly with my mastiff, Brutus. Of course you'll be more than welcome for a brew or two, just don't piss off Brutus.

Welcome to another Scotch drinking Bukowski reading kick in the ass M F-er.

The_Balvenie_The_Balvenie_Doublewood_12_Year_Old_12_.jpg

Gerard serves the drinks I'm there. And your "in" if Gerard is flippin' the bottles on the beach cocktail-worthy. Don't pass on tossing the Corgi some love. That's one cool lovin' Corgi.

Hi Gregor,

I had a friend named Allaister Mc Gregor, it took me a few days to understand him, but we ended up getting along very well. He made homemade beer.
I was in my kitchen, after opening one of his famous beers. I heard a weird noise, coming from the bottle.
I looked up and saw pink foam coming out of the bottle. I stepped backed and truly thought that I was experiencing some hallucigenic aftershock.
Something popped, and there was a dead mouse laying on the kitchen table.
We never understood that one.

Welcome!

I had a friend named Allaister Mc Gregor, it took me a few days to understand him, but we ended up getting along very well. He made homemade beer.
I was in my kitchen, after opening one of his famous beers. I heard a weird noise, coming from the bottle.
I looked up and saw pink foam coming out of the bottle. I stepped backed and truly thought that I was experiencing some hallucigenic aftershock.
Something popped, and there was a dead mouse laying on the kitchen table.
We never understood that one.

best poem I've read in a while. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back