Hello everyone, I'm Lazy Fuck (1 Viewer)

L

Lazy Fuck

I already introduced myself in the top movies thread. In desperate search of attention I'll also introduce myself here.

I'm a twenty-sumthing guy (existential crisis at hand), residing in Finland. Since there probably is a town called Finland somewhere in Alabama, I'll specify: that is the Finland in between Russia and Sweden.

I do write, but in Finnish. Favorite writers could include Camus, Nietzsche, Hamsun, Genet... hmmh. Oh yes, and that Bukowski everyone's talkin about.

I study literature, cinema and art at the University of Helsinki and I'm tired of all this. In fact, I probably have a class right now. I'm not there.

I just finished reading Dan Fante's Chump Change. It was not bad.

I've got nothing to say. I used to.

Good to be here.

If you like Fante's Chuimp Change, try more. I loved the book, but loved each novel more than the last.

Are you reading him in English, or has he been translated?

Bill

There are translations in Finnish, actually I think pretty much all of his books are available in Finnish. He also visited the Turku Book Fair in Finland a couple years back. I read the book in English, though.

Btw, I also love Fante's poems.

Any favorite Bukowski books?
Well, Women is the novel I've read the most. And I love every word of it. But the poems are... even better? For some reason I always considered 'You Get So Alone at Times That it Just Makes Sense' the best compilation; or that's the one I've read again and again.

If Women is a favorite of yours do grab a copy of Pamela Wood's Scarlet that was recently published - it's a cracking good read. Looks like you shove some damn fine books under lamplight and you'll find many here who share an interest in the likes of Fante, Hamsun and such. Welcome again.

Yeah... We've got a nice little publishing house that specializes in beats and other skid row type of writers called Sammakko (Finnish for frog). They also have an English introduction it seems: http://www.sammakko.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=49.

For collectors as well! Would you like a copy of Women in Finnish? ;)

If Women is a favorite of yours do grab a copy of Pamela Wood's Scarlet that was recently published - it's a cracking good read. Looks like you shove some damn fine books under lamplight and you'll find many here who share an interest in the likes of Fante, Hamsun and such. Welcome again.
Thanks for the tip, I'll get my hands on some Wood (why does that sound a bit kinky?).

Since there probably is a town called Finland somewhere in Alabama.

I've got nothing to say. I used to.

Good to be here.

So my question here: is there really a town in Alabama named Finland?

Also, seems like ya got plenty to say lazy guy, at least from what I have read so far.

Yes, I've also noticed he's quite talkative for a lazy person. Not that that's a bad thing around here. Nobody would post here if they weren't lazy.

and they say, "What's in a name?"

I just saw where he went through the guard rail and over the cliff. It was a slow death anyway because mjp Death was still in vacation mode. I was beginning to wonder if mjp was getting soft after the desert trip. I'm glad he finally got back and we are safe once again in the shadow of our alpha dog.

Now we can call him Dead Fuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back