hello I am fante (1 Viewer)

"if god is concept then then bukovski is conception"(fante)

I am new on here and I just donT like forums but I hope so that will be interesting.WE all here writing about him,about his books,his life but i just asking my self does anyone here try to live like him taste the life based on his formula +-infinite in alcohol,woman,wandering.......?

I am new on here and I just donT like forums but I hope so that will be interesting.WE all here writing about him,about his books,his life but i just asking my self does anyone here try to live like him taste the life based on his formula +-infinite in alcohol,woman,wandering.......?

Wait a minute. Is this Dan Fante?

Given the grammar, spelling and syntax used, I very much doubt it.

Odd. That's what made me think that it is Dan Fante.

One thing perceived in two different ways. Imagine. ;)

oops.
I have to claim ignorance on that one FL, having never read any Dan Fante.
I just assumed (being a writer) Dan would be able to pen a sentence that flowed and mostly made sense in a traditional way.

If that's how Dan writes... well...

What the hell do I know? I'm just a reader. :)

oops.
I have to claim ignorance on that one FL, having never read any Dan Fante.
I just assumed (being a writer) Dan would be able to pen a sentence that flowed and mostly made sense in a traditional way.

If that's how Dan writes... well...

What the hell do I know? I'm just a reader. :)

thAt iSn' gud engLishee?

(aside to fante - see how we kid with one another? again, welcome ;) )

No, fuck that... your english is fine Fante :D

I just didn't think you were the writer is all.

Welcome to the club bro!

I didn't realize the you were still alive, John. :eek:

Everyone?

May I introduce the 2nd greatest writer in the world:
Dan Fante's Dad: John Fante!

(You are John Fante, of course?)

I was a young man, starving and drinking and trying to be a writer... It seemed as if everybody was playing word-tricks, that those who said almost nothing at all were considered excellent writers. Their writing was an admixture of subtlety, craft and form, and it was read and it was taught and it was ingested and it was passed on. It was a comfortable contrivance, a very slick and careful Word-Culture... one day I pulled a book down and opened it, and there it was...The lines rolled easily across the page, there was a flow. Each line had its own energy and was followed by another like it. The very substance of each line gave the page a form, a feeling of something carved into it. And here, at last, was a man who was not afraid of emotion. The humour and the pain were intermixed with a superb simplicity. The beginning of that book was a wild and enormous miracle to me. I had a library card. I checked the book out, took it to my room, climbed into my bed and read it, and I knew long before I had finished that here was a man who had evolved a distinct way of writing......."
charls bukovski

And book is.........?

fante said:
I need help!is there any link for dowloading buk books for free??????

It's rare, and I don't know of any.

Best to find inexpensive copies you can afford,
then purchase them one at a time as money allows.

Although bukovski poems and stories may be found
on the internet, for my part in it, there is nothing like holding a book in my
hands. Feeling the cover, touching the paper,
seeing the ink on the pages, and knowing the book
is somewhere within reach, anytime I'd like to go back to it.

So, it's like that.

Yes go to freebukowskibooks.com
They are all there, they are signed, numbered, beautifully bound and all for free!
It's an amazing site.
Don't listen to these morons-they know nothing

Wow, that must be a new site. There's certainly lots of free Buk stuff there. Amazing...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back