Hello, my name is Tom (1 Viewer)

and I'm a bukaholic.
here's my blood.
l_12e12205a8ab750694092ba9089f5f72.jpg

i was actually wearing a yellow bukowski shirt that night that a friend stenciled for me (Bu-kow-ski acrossed the top and a stencil of his face with an orange sun coming around it) the blood mostly came out. my army-like coat is ruined though. i didn't wash it in time... it's fucking cold and when i see my girl she doesn't let me wear it due to the blood stains. i wear it sometimes anyway. what the fuck.

Have you been down to Buk's old Philly rooming-house?

And from all of Buksterdom, welcome!

Why, is it (GASP!) dangerous? Or as "Baldy" would have phrased it, has it "turned"? Or both? I gots ta know!

Welcome, sorry about your face. You look like my late nephew.
www.akumaprime.com/
His pictures are in there. Nov 18,2006 is interesting. The delayed posts are very morbid but good.
This web site is much better. Much more alive.

Huh? It looks like a crappy area. Notice the wall on the right. That's just my opinion, of course.

That's art. Not my kind of art, but not strange to see there. Again, there is no trash in the street, no abandoned, burned out cars. Also, not much gang graffiti, just slightly tacky murals.

I am in Delaware, not Philly, but Philly is only about 90 minutes from here. My Mom used to live in South Philly (near Moyamensing) and Northeast Philly. Always slightly run down neighborhoods, but always safe, Italian neighborhoods.

Bill

My Mom used to live in South Philly (near Moyamensing) and Northeast Philly. Always slightly run down neighborhoods, but always safe, Italian neighborhoods.

I grew up in a working-class Italian neighbourhood where safety and security were never an issue due to self-policing and conflict resolution strategies brought over from the "Mezzogiorno".

Someone had better teach the good burghers of Philadelphia what 'gentrification' means.

That's the way the pendulum swings, and it's been swinging toward those with higher incomes moving back toward the city centers for the past 20 years or so.

On the bright side, in another 50 years they'll move out again, then real folks (meaning real poor folks) can inhabit their dangerous, crumbling buildings until it all starts over again.

Nothing new here.

Informal: was there a lot of 'white flight' from the city to the suburbs? Buk mentions that he himself always moved away from African-Americans.

no neighberhoods are mixed 50/50 with the exception of some latino... yes of course there is/was a lot of "white-flight"!

also... most whites in philly refer to blacks as cock roaches. i'm sure you understand the metaphor...

You mean it's not a term of endearment?

And I sent out a box of stuff to you, Printed Matter, Sea Mail.

Rizzo "The Mad Stabber" was from South Philly, ask around, his first name was Gary. Either he's a police captain or in an insane asylum nowadays. He know's the meaning of fun.

Welcome to the board, and look after that eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back