Hello, try again? (1 Viewer)

I tried posting my first post here, in a different manner.
Was not appreciated.

Now, I shall say hello in a typical way.

Old, tired, male.
Right now I live in Chicago and have lived here for about 3 years, up until that time I lived in West Africa for a bit.. but I originate from Poland.

My name is in actuality Theodore when translated, but I have been given the nick name "Sam."
Why Sam? I do not know.

Being a fan of Johnny Cash however, and the song about the character named Sam Hall, that is why I considered my user name.

Hello.

Hi Sam: Your re-try here comes across as genuine to me, so welcome. But we tend to be a crotchety lot; mainly because there are shills and Bukowski-haters and college students who hate writing so much that that ask others to do it and assholes and bullies and, well, we grew tired of it before it ever happened. Many of them seem to gravitate to our site here, and we wonder why.

So please do let us know what attracted you to this site, and what you've read and liked/not liked about Buk.

It's really all we ask; just give a reasonable reason why you decided to post here.

Yes, I am a fan of Bukowski... otherwise I do not believe I would want to be part of this site. I was in the mood to read some of Bukowski's poetry, and that is how I stumbled upon..well, here. The first book I read by Bukowski was 'Ham on the Rye,' it was a long time ago but I remember liking it.. even though I could not relate to it much. My father died when I was in the third grade, my mother was sickly a long time also. My mother actually read the poem 'Bluebird' to me the first time, and I remember me thinking she wrote it. It reflected the way my mother was, and every time she recited it I became sad.

I started reading more of his poetry one year in high school, when I was feeling quite down. I really liked his poetry. It was different to what I originally thought poetry was all about, it was so real to me. I think it was because of Bukowski that I got into poetry, I started reading poetry every day. Sometimes I would skip a day of school just to read poetry, I couldn't get enough of it.

So that's why I am here.

Yes, I am a fan of Bukowski... otherwise I do not believe I would want to be part of this site.

There are people who join sites of people that they don't like and they try to cause discord.

I'm sure you can understand why we would be apprehensive when your first 3 posts revolved around directing us to wrote a story about a big mac for your amusement.

I am also new to this site. Can you explain what you did to piss everybody off? I don't want to do it as I like this site. But I also don't like censors and I don't believe Buk (RIP) would like them either.

Well, he loved me.

He once said to me, "JP (that's what he called me), I like you. If I could die and be born again, I would like to be you. Maybe that's sentimental bullshit, but it's true. You write like a god, your insight is unsurpassed, and you are a damned handsome man - and I'm no mincing faggot! You are everything a man should be, and I'm honored to know you. You frighten me, but I adore you."

I am also new to this site. Can you explain what you did to piss everybody off? I don't want to do it as I like this site. But I also don't like censors and I don't believe Buk (RIP) would like them either.

You can read the posts, or do you need me to point them out to you?

I channeled the spirit of Buk and he said that, in fact, he hates you and only you. Like Jesus, he loves everybody, but strangely, not you. I'll ask him why he gota be like that when we speak at the next full moon.

Bill

question...

If a guy comes in your house and calls your wife a cunt and you ask him to leave, are you being a censor? It is ignorant to think that you can say anything on a private forum and then say that you are free to do what you want because of "freedom of speech". This is not a publicly owned forum. One guy (not me) owns it. There are three moderators (not me) that will decide if you stay or go. they could make you go because you can't spell. They could make you go because they hate your avatar.

Bill

Bill's right. That's what the "freedom of speech on an internet forum" crowd misses. Freedom of speech means that you can't get prosecuted by the government for saying what you think. It's not a carte blanche to piss on whatever you feel like without fear of reprecussion.

Contrary to what anyone may believe, getting booted off of an internet forum by its owner does not constitute prosecution. This place isn't Ellis Island, and no one is forced to welcome you with open arms.

That being said, Sam Hall seems genuine. Maybe we just got off on the wrong foot. Welcome.

That being said, Sam Hall seems genuine. Maybe we just got off on the wrong foot. Welcome.

Sam Hall apologized and most here, myself included, will let it go and move on. Pigmantoo need not stick up for people who are big enough to stand up for themselves.

Plus, Buk's spirit does not like pigmantoo and keeps telling me that he is trouble and that he gota go.

Bill

ha! pigman has his own quote (with the infamous GOTA) as one of his sigs!
very classy, mr. pigman...

also, if you want to know what sam hall said, look in the new blood section or click his name, then "show all posts" or something like that. i didn't actually look up the process.

Thanks for the help james, I really did not know where to go. I was just asking a question -- but what the hell, go ahead and cancel my membership I'm out of here.

pigmantoo gota go? or will he stick it out?

will Lucy discover the mysterious stranger she just kissed in the garden is actually her long lost brother given up for dead? even though he's now a woman?

will Lucy feel guilt for suddenly becoming a lesbian?

find out tomorrow on.......

As The Buk Turns.

Thanks for the help james, I really did not know where to go. I was just asking a question -- but what the hell, go ahead and cancel my membership I'm out of here.

Well it is nice to see another person follow every step in the program and not disappoint.

Which forum fauna was this again?

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back