Hello! (1 Viewer)

I found Bukowski today by accident. I was browsing at a bookstore not sure of what book I wanted to pick up... or rather... not sure of what book would suit my mood.... anyhow... I found his books on a bottom shelf and picked up "The most beautiful woman in town & other stories." It looked interesting so I bought it and started reading... and love it so far. After reading through some of the threads... I'm very happy I found him today.

Congratulations! Good for you, NewFan! - The Most Beautiful... is the first part of a book called Erections, Ejaculations, Exhibitions and General Tales of Ordinary Madness, which was later divided into 2 books. The book which contain the second part is called Tales of Ordinary Madness. You should buy that one too. Oh, and welcome to the forum...

I found Bukowski today by accident. I was browsing at a bookstore not sure of what book I wanted to pick up... or rather... not sure of what book would suit my mood.... anyhow... I found his books on a bottom shelf and picked up "The most beautiful woman in town & other stories." It looked interesting so I bought it and started reading... and love it so far. After reading through some of the threads... I'm very happy I found him today.

hello, how are you :)

I bought that for my sister for Christmas and she keeps it in her bathroom for a toilet read, her fiance is a farmer and one day he was out of 'Farmers weekly' and so read a bit. Apparently he called out from the throne, "Jesus Christ whats this weird shit you're reading".
I wonder if CB ever wrote about crop farming or tractors?

man...how do you know all this stuff? it's amazing...must be a life's work!

Ha-ha!...Not a lifes work - I'm only been into Buk since '78 or '79. ;) Unless you're loaded, it takes time to get all the books, CD's, DVD's, bio's and what not. I may have a Buk high school degree, but some of the guys here have a Buk university diploma...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I always feel humbled when many of the posters in here write.
Thre is a great deal of significant knwoledge shared...and a lot of very good jokes, innuendo, satire, witty reparte, double entendre, oneupmanship and of course bullshit.
Welcome!

Winthers comes close though. He's heard of Buk but never read him...:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back