Hello (1 Viewer)

hey, i'm from new jersey. my friend chris got me into bukowski when he let me borrow "Play the Piano Drunk Like a Percussion Instrument until the Fingers Begin to Bleed a Bit" i immediately fell in love with the poem "hug the dark" hence my username. since then i purchased my own copy, then "Burning in Water Drowning in Flame," "Love is a Dog From Hell," and "Betting on the Muse." i found this forum after researching posthumous releases and which book would be best to begin with. After reading the article: The Senseless, Tragic Rape of Charles Bukowski's Ghost... I purchased "Storm for the Living and the Dead." I decided to register and begin posting after discovering the manuscripts section of this website. I really appreciate all the time those in charge have put into the organization of the original manuscripts compared to what has been altered and released posthumously. Now i will purchase "Back to the Machinegun, Manuscripts Volume 1 - 3".

Thanks for having me.

I should have mentioned earlier, i work in a psychiatric hospital. And from time to time, depending on a patient's stability, i'll give them a poem or two from Bukowski to instill anything, especially if i feel they will get something from it. Sometimes it is successful, and some get it, some appreciate it, some are it. That's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back