Hello. (1 Viewer)

Hi. My name is Travis, I live about 30 minutes from Philadelphia. I have been casually collecting Bukowski, Black Sparrow and the like for the better part of 3 years now. I stumbled on the website looking for Bukowski tattoos on Google, which I currently have 3 of. I regularly work a pretty large circuit of used book stores in the area and would be willingly to keep an eye out for things for people. It's a slow time at work and finding this website is really helping pass the time. I have a feeling I will become a regular fixture on here, there is so much info!

It's a slow time at work and finding this website is really helping pass the time. I have a feeling I will become a regular fixture on here, there is so much info!
Good reasons to stay, Travis.
Welcome to the club.

Welcome TMeisky! Easy on the ink it's bad for the liver- you need to sweat through that skin.

You're from Pennsylvania, you are not Amish and you go to used book stores. Have you met Cindi?

We have a TON of Amish here in Dover, DE. I have a bunch of customers that are Amish (My day job. They don't buy poetry unless it is the Bible).

There are a few of us from the greater Philly area.

Welcome!

Bill

Welcome aboard, Travis! You've come to the right place. Tell us a bit about your Bukowski collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Without looking I can;t give an exact list but I have the Black Sparrow versions most of the obvious novels and poetry books no crazy printings or anything. The 3 big pieces of the collection are an 86'd broadside, a Ham on Rye signed first I got for $90 and a pretty good condition copy of Crucifix. I also have a few promo posters for book releases and appearances as well as that print of him that is always on ebay. I am still in awe at the amount of info on this site. It makes me feel good to realize my level of obsession pales in comparison to some of you folks.

That's a nice collection you've got, Travis. After all, it's the words that are important!

The 3 big pieces of the collection are an 86'd broadside, a Ham on Rye signed first I got for $90 and a pretty good condition copy of Crucifix.

That's some cool items you've got!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, Travis! You have good taste if you collect Buk.

And thanks for posting in my comics thread. Nice to know we have a couple things in common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back