Hello (1 Viewer)

Obviously I'm new to this forum. But I do have an important question. I am getting a tattoo of Buk0wski's poem Roll the Dice, and there's a word/error that has been bothering me.

you will ride life straight to
perfect laughter, its
the only good fight
there is.

Shouldn't it be it's? Yet everywhere i looked it said its. Does anybody know if this was an intentional "error", or what?
Thank you guys.

Are you seriously going to tattoo yourself with words from a book you don't even own? With quotes from the Internet? If so, you kind of deserve any misspellings or bad grammar that come with it.

The book is called What Matters Most Is How Well You Walk Through The Fire. Go buy it, see the poem for yourself, then get your tattoo.

Then come back here and read some more about the posthumous books and you'll see that you probably just tattooed yourself with a mixture of Bukowski's words and John Martin's words anyway, so a little grammar mistake here or there wouldn't have really mattered.

roll-the-dice.jpg

Dear mjp,
thank you very much for being a dickhead. I do own the fucking book and in the fucking book it says "its", so I looked in other places to see if that's an error of some kind. I deserve a misspelling? What the fuck is wrong with you? I asked a legitimate question and in return got a douchebag answer. Thanks a lot.

You should send that book back, it's possibly a forgery.

I do own the fucking book and in the fucking book it says "its"
Try to find the real book rather than a Slovenian flea market knockoff. Your eyes may be opened to a whole new world of non-bootleg literature.
What the fuck is wrong with you?
I'm fine, baby. You seem tense though. You're in no condition to be getting a tattoo. You should really be relaxed and in good spirits when you sit down to be permanently marked like that. You don't want to get an anger infection.

Not that you don't deserve one...

I think that in bookselling terms, the correct term is "near super-duper perfect", which according to their translation means "shot repeatedly by a guy in Southern California."

It makes as much sense as "Fine" meaning "near perfect" and "good" meaning missing pages and run over by a truck...

I heard it was sold on eBay.

I also heard that the seller had an ALL CAPS correspondence with a curious would-be buyer:

THIS IS A SERIOUS QUESTION ARE YOU SERIOUS ABOUT THE BULLET HOLES NOT DETRACTING FROM THE DESIRABILITY OR DONT MAKE THE BOOK POSSIBLY LESS THAN THE CONDITION OF NEW? THANKS - ARYNAT

DEAR ARYNAT, THIS IS A SERIOUS ANSWER YES I AM SERIOUS ABOUT THE BULLET HOLES NOT DETRACTING FROM THE DESIRABILITY OR DONT MAKE THE BOOK POSSIBLY LESS THAN THE CONDITION OF NEW. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERIOUS QUESTION.​

I SERIOUSLY THINK YOURE WRONG. I HAVE AN INVISIBLE 1ST EDITION BUT THE INVISIBILITY DOES NOT DETRACT FROM ITS VALUE. I AM WILLING TO DO A TRADE. - ARYNAT

DEAR ARYNAT, YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO BYPASS EBAY WITH YOUR TRADE! THAT'S AGAINST THE RULES SO I HAVE TO DECLINE, AS TEMPTING AS THE OFFER IS. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE AN INVISIBLE FIRST EDITION. MAYBE ANOTHER TIME.​

YOU ARE CORRECT. I APPRECIATE YOU NOT REPORTING ME.
THANKS - ARYNAT

I live in an English Northern town where i must be the only adult male without a tattoo, from inner-lips to arseholes, just don't get it. :confused:

can't believe i missed that auction!

were the pellets were included?

was it signed by the shooter?

damn!

Did William S. Burroughs have a hand in altering your copy, Bill, or is it common now for just anyone to shoot up a book? When I first read your ps, I thought "lead type" but now I see you mean something else.

It was a commentary, yes. Even though Jordan wanted to save the book when he saw that I had set it aside with the intention of altering it, I had to follow through. It would have been un-American not to. And if he's anything, Hurder is a god damn patriotic American. Like all of us. So he understood.

On a related note, I would suggest that anyone looking for tattoo ideas consider the picture of the pages Bill posted above. It would look dope across your back or chest, or right above your genitals. Or on your genitals, if you have any guts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back