Hello (1 Viewer)

I've been reading/collecting Bukowski books since I was young enough to have my mother toss them out when she found them. Introduced to his work by my brother who is ten years my senior.
I'm 32 years old and am currently residing in South Korea as an English professor at a small college.
I recently got my first tattoo and wanted to share it here.
Cheers.

Thanks? It's all good. History does have a way of repeating itself, so no surprises here.
Am a bit curious (for the sake of the children)

4014.jpg

Just don't change your avatar to this and you'll be fine. :D

And welcome aboard.

Hey Wilson,
Don't worry please!
Some miraculous posts above are the sort of 'inside-jokes' that happen in long-running forums.

Let me asure you:
it has NOTHING to do with you personally or anything you've said (so far)!
These were inside-jokes for the sake of inside-jokes.

in other words:
You're WELCOME!
take a seat, have a drink, relax and look around.

zobraks, You've received a royal treatment too, baby I rarely welcome our newbies at all.
In your case, zob, I liked your short to-the-point introduction.
In Wilsons's case I felt a need to assist him by throwing some light on all these cryptic posts, Before he'd think we're a strange species and may react somehow unnecessarily undue.

zobraks, You've received a royal treatment too, baby I rarely welcome our newbies at all.
Hey, I was kidding. You're welcome was (and still is) well appreciated. :)

In Wilsons's case I felt a need to assist him by throwing some light on all these cryptic posts, Before he'd think we're a strange species.
You didn't want him to find the truth, right? :D

Simple advice for newcomers courtesy of the Bukowski forum

Think of this as if you're starting a new job. When you walk in on the first day you have three choices; 1) Take offense at not immediately understanding everyone and everything and begin throwing insults and punches. 2) Go sit at your desk and never speak to anyone. 3) Show up every day and figure out how things work.

All three of those things happen here, just like they would at a bank or a call center or a construction site. The results are really very predictable and they are the same everywhere. Congratulations, now you understand how life works.

You're welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back