Help,please. (1 Viewer)

Gee, I dunno. Do you have anything with more lurid subject matter? That's really the only stuff I'm interested in.

Need source for Buk quote: "Hell never stops, it only pauses."

Well, this is not much help. The man has his head so far up his rectum that he doesn't even know if this is a poem, but it does have the quote as the next to last line. Buk has been known to be a bit disjointed at times, but this seems too much so for this to be a poem. And there is no poem called "Musings" in the bukowski.net database. It's probably a random collection of quotes.

http://apps.facebook.com/wildfire_slates/693713682?tablet_id=24250

Told ya this wasn't much help. I'm off to find something lurid to placate mjp.

aren't you the guy who didn't come to make friends, and now you want help?

let's instead hijack this thread with great quotes of all kinds, not necessarily Buk.

"Life is divided into the horrible and the miserable. ...The horrible would be like, I don't know, terminal cases, you know, and blind people, crippled. I don't know how they get through life. ...And the miserable is everyone else.

"So you should be thankful that you're miserable, because that's very lucky, to be miserable."

who said that?

let's instead hijack this thread with great quotes of all kinds, not necessarily Buk.

"Life is divided into the horrible and the miserable. ...The horrible would be like, I don't know, terminal cases, you know, and blind people, crippled. I don't know how they get through life. ...And the miserable is everyone else.

"So you should be thankful that you're miserable, because that's very lucky, to be miserable."

who said that?

I'm hip. Woody Allen, Annie Hall

Here's the next one:

I do not believe in the creed professed by the
Jewish Church, by the Roman Church, by the Greek
Church, by the Turkish Church, by the Protestant
Church, nor by any church that I know of. My own
mind is my own church.

ouch! It's worth it. I sell used RVs I couldn't even embezzle $4000. around here-not that I would.
The picture tells the story of about 20% of our clients.

I'm taking it anyway 'cause Groucho said it first.

An easy one:

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?"

Point of order.

Moderation called for.

While we wait. . .

I'll pick another.

A recession is when your wife leaves you.
A depression is when she comes back.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Last edited by a moderator:
Point of order.

Moderation called for.

Manny Hyman indeed.

51nn9qKNaSL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

You joker.

Bush addressing a group of California farmers I believe it was a few years ago:
" I will keep you all in the forefront of my thinking."

And let's not forget the Zen master Donald Rumsfeld about known knowns, unknown knowns, unknown unknowns, known unknowns....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back