HELP..... the bukes poem on style (1 Viewer)

Hello My name is Cynthia, I finally heard a poem that would want to learn and here i am looking for it. Ummmm well I met a guy from match.com yesterday a bit of a boozer to say the least. It was an interesting date , we sat at three different bars. I loved it! Soooooo He recited a poem on style and living with style. I would ask him about the poem but we sat at a stoop to discuss his poodle that he ..... we parted ways rather abrutly ( giggles) I must say while it was fun, I could never do that daily it was this guys life..... hmmmmmm LIFESTYLE, Go figure it brought me to you!

New to bukowski.net , With your help I will spread the words. AHHHHHHHH can anyone help me out with this? I will make all of you proud!!!

Sincerely
Cynthia

Is this it?

Style

Style is the answer to everything.
Fresh way to approach a dull or dangerous day.
To do a dull thing with style is preferable to doing a dangerous thing without style.
To do a dangerous thing with style, is what I call art.
Bullfighting can be an art.
Boxing can be an art.
Loving can be an art.
Opening a can of sardines can be an art.
Not many have style.
Not many can keep style.
I have seen dogs with more style than men.
Although not many dogs have style.
Cats have it with abundance.

When Hemingway put his brains to the wall with a shotgun, that was style.
For sometimes people give you style.
Joan of Arc had style.
John the Baptist.
Jesus.
Socrates.
Caesar.
GarcÃa Lorca.
I have met men in jail with style.
I have met more men in jail with style than men out of jail.
Style is a difference, a way of doing, a way of being done.
Six herons standing quietly in a pool of water, or you, walking
out of the bathroom without seeing me.

Caveat... I pulled this off of the internet, so I have not checked it for errors against the published version.

Bill

Bill -I have a tape of Buk reading this one...one of my faves... tho on the recording he says "walking out of the bathroom naked without seeing me." Which, naturally, I prefer.

Cynthia - Good luck with yr new guy. A Buk fan with a poodle. The world continues to surprise.

Style as published in 'Mockingbird Wish Me Luck' does indeed say:
or you walking out of the bathroom naked
without seeing
me.

Is that recording 'Poems and Insults'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back