Here it comes Boys and Girls... (1 Viewer)

"Micro black holes produced by a collider, the skeptics theorize, would move more slowly and might be trapped inside the earth's gravitational field - and eventually threaten the planet."

stupid. crap.
even IF a Micro-Black-Hole gets into existence, it would 'glue' itself nearly immediately. it could Never eat up a whole planet.

But i find it just as stupid to use so much energy, time and money on something like that.

first, i don't believe, that finding the dark matter is one of our prime goals in physics now.

and concerning the extra-dimensions (which Would be a goal): i don't see, how they would show from a simple Hadron-collider. on these extra dimensions, we talk about sizes smaller than the Planck-Length! we simply don't Have the energy nor the hugeness, that a collider would need to measure these.

o.k., i'm no pro and maybe i missed something in their points. but i find it a big waste.

17 miles in circumference? Wow, that could drain a lot of spaghetti...

profi_colander-LR.jpg

I never new they were so dangerous.

:D

"Micro black holes produced by a collider, the skeptics theorize, would move more slowly and might be trapped inside the earth's gravitational field - and eventually threaten the planet."

stupid. crap.
even IF a Micro-Black-Hole gets into existence, it would 'glue' itself nearly immediately. it could Never eat up a whole planet.

But i find it just as stupid to use so much energy, time and money on something like that.

first, i don't believe, that finding the dark matter is one of our prime goals in physics now.

and concerning the extra-dimensions (which Would be a goal): i don't see, how they would show from a simple Hadron-collider. on these extra dimensions, we talk about sizes smaller than the Planck-Length! we simply don't Have the energy nor the hugeness, that a collider would need to measure these.

o.k., i'm no pro and maybe i missed something in their points. but i find it a big waste.

I thought this was pretty funny. Billions of bucks...

"So, if the LHC actually does create a mini black hole, then it will eventually evaporate into nothingness."

that's basically what i meant with "even If a Micro-Black-Hole gets into existence, it would 'glue' itself nearly immediately." - only my considerations were more based on geometry of space in these very tiny dimensions.

hahhah

Love to eat that monkey. Wow look at that steak... I'm drooling here. if i had that in front of me right now with a tall cold fosters mate!

8 hours and 22 minutes to go. :eek:

Is that long enough for the Bukowski Tapes [240 min], Factotum [94 min],
Crazy Love [90 min] and Barfly [97 min]?

Let's see that's ... hmmm not quite. 21 minutes short.

Well maybe I can skip the piano music on the 'Tapes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back