• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Here's a good one...

Wow! May I be the first to suggest that seller was out of his mind putting a "buy it now" of $695 on that book...

Congrats on that, it was a steal.

A steal indeed, which is why I just couldn't pass it up. I even started a Paypal Credit account in order to get it. I have a few odds and ends I can sell to pay for it. My wife will never need to know.

chronic said:
A steal indeed, which is why I just couldn't pass it up. I even started a Paypal Credit account in order to get it. I have a few odds and ends I can sell to pay for it. My wife will never need to know.

Now, you don't mean you're selling your wife, do you? When she wakes up in another bed; she's bound to figure out something happened. (OK. that was bullshit; but I'm terminally afflicted w/ nonsense today.)

SD

Ouch. I wish I had seen that first. NICE WORK, though. Better you than a dealer, who would have just doubled the price and put it back on the market.

zoom man, didn't mean to tease anyone... I thought long (well, 10 minutes) and hard before I bought it. Had $300 in my Paypal account and figured making up the other $400 wouldn't be too difficult.

SamDusky, you made me blow snot from my nose with that. Maybe not a bad idea though... waddaya think I could get? And what catagory would I put her under on ebay?

nymark, agreed. It really pisses me off when I lose a book I really want to a dealer. This is the first book with a painting I'llhave in my collection. I think I mentioned elsewhere that I wasn't planning on buying any more rare books but this was too good of a deal to pass up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back