Hitting the big 4-OH! (1 Viewer)

Remember the old saying, "Life begins at forty!". You're young compared to some of us here.
It's been Monday over here for 4 hours now, so I guess It's in order to say

Happy Birthday, zenguru!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if it makes you feel any better, I've got 13 years until I'll be forty.

Wait, did you want to feel better or worse?

Monday the 11th is my birthday. Not just any birthday. My 40th.

:(

I feel old.

Bukfan is right, Zenguru,

you're just a babe!

You have heard things like, brown is the new black, 60 is the new forty.
Well you have a long road ahead of you.

Don't be sad, enjoy your forties to the max!

Happy birthday, zengu!
It's my girlfriend's daughter's birthday too. She turns 12.

Btw. I will turn 40 this year, too, but there's no big deal to it:
Read a few things about the Paleolithic-era or Plate-Tectonics, that'll put your 40 years into perspective.

And have a stiff drink, babe!

Aw, now I feel better. Thanks, guys!

Here's a little birthday history about me:

I was born during halftime of Super Bowl IV. Just enough time to go to the hospital and get back for the second half!

Chiefs beat Vikings 23-3.

Isn't 40 the year where it's mandatory for a prostate exam?
I dunno, but I'm scared to get one. You should get one and tell me how it goes.

I wonder what else happened during that halftime? Happy Birthday! I wish as was 40 again.

Did your father get to watch the 2nd half?

The prostate exam is when you're 50 and I was knocked out and have no memory of it.

happy birthday.

40 treated me fine. 41 is working me over like a sumbitch. somebody gave 41 a bag of nickles and a picture of me and said 'that's the prick. let him have it.'

Happy Birthday Zen and man, don't be afraid of the prostate exam.
(did you hear that rhyme? woooh.)

You can have the precaution exam at 40. There's nothing more important than one's personal health.

Saying that, I'm turning 37 this February and I have apnoe at night. I pause my breath 15-25 seconds at an oxygen level of 85-95% every night. It's too early for me to wear a mask or a medical splint to stop my tongue from flipping back, but I will have to... maybe in 2 years, maybe next year. I'm a ticking time bomb for apoplex and heart attack.

So baby, take care of your health and enjoy your life to the max!

Yeah, let's be sure to differentiate here. I've had some "unofficial" prostate exams that were downright enjoyable, but a colonoscopy is a different bag of intrusive fish. Like a plumber's snake jammed up the poop chute. Which is why they render you unconscious for that. Or so I've heard from less fortunate friends.

I've passed the big 50 so no pity for you and MJP has conducted unwarrented colonoscopy on me since I was but a wee lad and he a Catholic priest. But's it's all good, you see, religion meets science, I believe.

Hmmm...thanks to you, I now know it's possible to give both too much AND not enough information in the same post.

Couldn't ask for a better birthday present than that!:D

I've passed the big 50 so no pity for you and MJP has conducted unwarrented colonoscopy on me since I was but a wee lad and he a Catholic priest. But's it's all good, you see, religion meets science, I believe.

OK - I am definitely starting a "Post of The Year" collection, and I suggest everyone else do too. On Dec. 1, there will be a thread and we can vote. I will furnish a prize of negligible monetary value. Because laughter is priceless, you know...

Which is why they render you unconscious for that. Or so I've heard from less fortunate friends.

I had to have one of these several years ago, and they didn't render me unconscious. I was wide awake and got to watch it on teevee (and I'm happy to report that my colon was clean as a whistle).

To be honest, it wasn't half as bad as I was expecting, which is not to say that it was fun. Probably the worst thing about it was the massive fart attack and feeling like I needed to shit that followed for the rest of the day.

I had one of these while I was conscious... at least for a little bit. the pain was so horrendous that I passed out cold! Christ! yep, like a fire hose shoved up my ass. I hear now that there is a small (small) camera that you can swallow. Hell, the best part was the fart attacks. no anal sex for me thank you. a relief of sorts I suppose....

Yeah, let's be sure to differentiate here. I've had some "unofficial" prostate exams that were downright enjoyable, but a colonoscopy is a different bag of intrusive fish. Like a plumber's snake jammed up the poop chute. Which is why they render you unconscious for that. Or so I've heard from less fortunate friends.

my initial screening (probe) was done while conscious until i could no longer bear the discomfort. for the deep probe/polyp removal procedure i was put under with some of the finest drugs on the planet i believe it was demerol and some other gift from god.

happy birthday

there is a small (small) camera that you can swallow
It felt like an animal test when I had a gastroscopy once. I've had some ulcers that I could watch on the screen with that long (long) tube shoved down my throat. I had to burp a lot and wasn't allowed to swallow spit. I mean, that's a reflex... not easy to suppress.

I had one of these while I was conscious... at least for a little bit. the pain was so horrendous that I passed out cold! Christ! yep, like a fire hose shoved up my ass. I hear now that there is a small (small) camera that you can swallow. Hell, the best part was the fart attacks. no anal sex for me thank you. a relief of sorts I suppose....

I believe someone said something about starting a post of the year collection?

OK - I am definitely starting a "Post of The Year" collection, and I suggest everyone else do too. On Dec. 1, there will be a thread and we can vote. I will furnish a prize of negligible monetary value. Because laughter is priceless, you know...

Let me be the first to vote for Number6horse's post as the Number 1 post of 2010. I doubt it will be surpassed.

I had a health scare several years ago that required a colonoscopy. One of my grandfathers died from colon cancer, so the doc made me do one of those.

It was not a big deal at all thanks to the sedation. My cocktail was a wonderful combo of Demerol and Versed. I had no idea what was going on but let me tell you what WAS a pain-in-the-ass: the prep work the day before. You have to drink a solution called "Fleer" (brand name I think). It is basically Gen. George S. Patton's 3rd Army Brigade marching through your colon in liquid form and it does not take prisoners. It will flush you out completely and repeatedly for about 3-4 hours, with visits to the bathroom coming every 15 minutes or so for the first two hours. Not as hellish as The Battle Of The Bulge technically, but close.

Good luck !

I turned 42 a month ago yesterday. (12/17) And although we all well know a few of our buk.net fellows are no longer around to type with us, surely a few of you, a couple, or one perhaps may have wondered if I'm still around. Yeah. I'm here.

The internet scares me nowadays. So, zenguru, you're typing. Reaching out. Asking questions. Wanting what this forum has to offer.

You've come to a good place. I can attest to that. When I'm a vein away from saying goodbye, this fucking forum calls me. You bastards!

In other words, 40, 50, 60 and on and on, who gives a shit. We, currently, are alive.

I wish I could say at 42 'life has just begun'. But, well, nah. Maybe I'll start a new thread here in the now 'private' non-buk section. digging for some hope. Some idea what one does with what's left of life when all hope has gone kabloooey.

Fuck. Listen to me. sorry. Yeah man, uh, woman? I dont know. Life BEGINS at 40!! Rock on!

Edit: yeah, yer talking about prostate exams. Guess yer not a she. I missed that on first readthrough.

In other words, 40, 50, 60 and on and on, who gives a shit. We, currently, are alive.

You're absolutely right, Buzzcat! You've got the right attitude, and with that attitude you don't need to dig for hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aye.

And zenguru, what the hell is that azatar pic? Wendys? Chicken?

Makes me want to eat. Eat something this week. Fak! Yum!

And, bukfan. Regarding Selv tak!. I stand corrected. Although i guessed to begin with.

Yes, now that I focus on the quavatar pic a bit more, it does morph into a burger. Not a previously imagined fried chicken patty.

Wow. Ya wanna talk about going face first into it at a young age, getting a new liver, off heroin, check out Dallas Taylor's bio Prisoner Of Woodstock. Now THERE'S perseverance in the face of being created to self destruct.

I am SO sorry BurgerGuru for whirlwinding your thread. Sometimes, yer compelled by silence. Just.... BURP it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back