• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

I recently purchased a signed and illustrated Bukowski (1 Viewer)

I was just wondering what the provenance of the book is and signature is?

This is the title "Erections, Ejaculations, Exhibitions, and General Tales of Ordinary Madness"

It was inscribed and illustrated with the below -

Screen Shot 2014-02-04 at 11.45.42.png

I was just wondering what the provenance of the book is and signature is?

a wild guess would be it was signed and dated feb 28 1973 and in the collection of a "john hanau" at some point...:DD

seriously, the dedication looks like it's done with a different pen than the sig and drawing, for what that's worth. maybe the guy picked up the signed copy and had buk dedicate it separately.

The ink is the same it's the filter on the camera thats creating the apparent difference.

I am interested to see what the value of an item like this would be, just for my own curiosity really. Any ideas?

It's a good signature/sketch, unfortunately, it's in one of the original City Lights books, so that yellowing is only going to get worse over time. The book also looks to be in poor condition, from what you show in the picture anyway. The value of things like that is generally the value of the signature by itself.

But £10 was a steal, no doubt about that.

yeah, nice find for $16. those old city lights books have some charm to them, even more with an inscription and drawing. if you're wondering what it's worth, when the condition is poor, it's whatever someone on eBay is willing to pay. i'd be surprised if you got less than $40 or more than $150. you can never tell with eBay, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back