I saw a ghost... (1 Viewer)

Yikes! Now you'll all know I'm crazy as a loon. In my defense, I'll just say that 1) the video clip was completely spontaneous & unplanned, and 2) I must have been out of my mind to post it. But hey, it has gotten over 6,000 views, so what the hell. Never underestimate the power of the word ghost.

The room is haunted. You can have a guest overnight, and not tell them about it, and in the morning, they'll tell you. That's happened several times. Okay, so I believe in ghosts. Sue me. Hell, we're all ghosts, walking around this haunted planet.

Seriously? I'm glad to hear that. I don't want to be alone in the "he believes in ghosts" corner. Mine seems to be a heavy person, big boots, running down the upstairs hall now and then. You hear the footsteps, loud, and there's nobody up there. Many times I've run up, looked around, searched everywhere -- nobody. Then there's the bed shaking, and other nocturnal noises. And the generally creepy feeling late at night.

The creepy feeling thing for sure.

I actually have more than one.
It's like that Stephen King movie about the room.
Who needs drugs?

This Hotel I live in was built in the 1900's. It's
seven stories high, and easily over a hundred years old.

Lots and lots of things happen in a day.
Imagine what happens in one hundred years...

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

I live in an old house, build about 1905. I've never seen this ghost, just heard and felt him. It feels like a him. I have seen three other ghosts. Both parents, once each, for a second, and another ghost of an old woman, in another old house in Long Beach, CA, who visited me two nights in a row, woke me, stood there and exchanged thoughts. The first night, she was very pissed because I'd torn the walls out of the bedroom we were sleeping in. I explained I was fixing up the house, not destroying it. The next night, after I'd put up new wall board, she came back and said it was okay, she could see I wasn't hurting the house. I later learned two old women had lived there all their lives, their father had built the house. It must have been one of those women. She looked like she stepped out of Ghostbusters: transparent glowing green, ancient and decrepit. I published a story about this incident, but I haven't had enough coffee this morning to remember the title. Marvin Malone liked it.

Jezuz, Rekrab! Transparent glowing green (it's not easy being green ;))? I would've been scared shitless and institutionalized the day after...:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
And our benevolent hero's Dylan bio is actually not bad at all...

Jezuz, Rekrab! Transparent glowing green (it's not easy being green ;))? I would've been scared shitless and institutionalized the day after...:eek:

Actually, it wasn't frightening, just weird as hell. I find the average person far more scary than ghosts or aliens. It is what it is. The green transparent nature of that ghost did surprise me, because it's right out of the movies. When I saw my parents, once each (separately), my dad looked perfectly normal, like he was just standing there in the room, smiling, and my mom, well that's another story, but she was literally a radiant golden angel. And now you think I'm completely wack.

Hey Rekrab, how much for that Bob Dylan poster?Like wild golden retrievers

I've considered getting rid of it since I learned some unpleasant details about the author's attitude, but it is a nice poster. And I've also thought that maybe I won't read that Dylan bio because of what I feel are shortcomings in the Bukowski bio, but maybe I should give it try anyway.

Actually, it wasn't frightening...

I'm glad to hear it wasn't a frightening experience and I'll bet it was Weird as hell! I don't find you completely wacky. On the contrary - I find it quite interesting! It's the first time I've talked to somebody who actually have seen ghosts. It's fascinating, and yes, the average person can be scary at times. Hell, Buk wrote a poem about the average person (The Genius Of The Crowd)!

Seeing ghosts is, I think, a matter of perception. Anyone could do it. Just requires an open mind. I have never wanted to see the ghost in this house. After all, we live here, and that could be unsettling. But I have heard it, many times. That never bothers me. I felt it a couple times at night, in bed, shaking the bed or brushing against us, and that scared the crap out of me.

This thread has me remembering a Bukowski poem I read ages ago, a serious one, where he's a starving poet, poor and unknown, and he's visited at night by the spirits of the dead poets or artists (I forget which), and somehow they give him the gift, the genius to write. Anyone know what poem that is?

This thread has me remembering a Bukowski poem I read ages ago, a serious one, where he's a starving poet, poor and unknown, and he's visited at night by the spirits of the dead poets or artists (I forget which), and somehow they give him the gift, the genius to write. Anyone know what poem that is?

Hi David, I think that the poem that you are speaking of is "we the artist" thats on pg. 208 in Burning In Water...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back