Interview with Lee Mallory about Bukowski: (1 Viewer)

Interesting. Pretty good media coverage for a 7 page document. One thing the journalist got wrong: "The typewritten font had faded over nearly four decades" Typerwriter ink doesn't fade much, if any. It was probably typed with an old ribbon that was worn out and the ink was light from day one.

Not bad. Interesting to read.

Especially this one:
One missive from 1971, addressed to "brother Mallory," reads in part, "Yes, I'm on the hustle, which means readings, which all helps survival until that [grim reaper] puts it to us. So if you hear of any, send them my way and I'll do my little act."
[...]
The words "grim reaper" replace a term we can't print in this paper; Bukowski, on the page and in person, often shifted between tender and coarse.

Grim Reaper? WTF?

Bukowski. Still going to strong for candyass newspapers 19 years after his death.

I like the fact about Buk having an xmas tree in his apartment in the early 70-s.
That's a myth buster.
I suppose he did it for Marina's sake.

It says Abel has a Buk book coming out this year. That'll probably be an interesting read.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the fact about Buk having an xmas tree in his apartment in the early 70-s.
That's a myth buster.
I suppose he did it for Marina's sake.

No myth. He's written about having Christmas trees in his place before - mostly due to the women he was with.

Where?
In a poem from the 70s?
I know he (or at least Neeli C.) mentioned Xmas trees in his San Pedro years, but in the 70s?...

I remember someone writing about Bukowski and a christmas tree in the 70's. An article, I believe. Something about him (the author) visiting Bukowski while he was decorating the tree for Marina.

I even think it was Ben Pleasants, but am not sure.

B had a tree with Jane too. It almost burned his ass when it toppled over from being too large, and in a stand that was too small to support it. I believe this account was written in Facto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back