It catches../Crucifix../At Terror street... (1 Viewer)

Bukfan

"The law is wrong; I am right"
"Burning in water drowning in flame" reprints "It catches my heart in its hand", "Crucifix in a deathhand" and "At Terror street and Agony way".
Can anyone tell me if these three are reprinted in full?

nope, there are missing poems from these publications. some of them can be found in the "unpublished & uncollected" forum.

Well, short compared to the 300+ page books that Black Sparrow would put out later, but between those three books there are 163 poems, and I think that's an important and interesting period of Bukowski's writing.

Burning in Water Drowning in Flame is the first "big" BS book. The previous books were basically the same size as the Webb books.

mjp said:
Burning in Water Drowning in Flame is the first "big" BS book. The previous books were basically the same size as the Webb books.

I'm not sure that's entirely correct. Days Run Away, Mockingbird, Post Office and South of No North were all published prior to Burning. Surely, these qualify as "big" books.

nymark said:
Days Run Away, Mockingbird, Post Office and South of No North were all published prior to Burning. Surely, these qualify as "big" books.
"Big" as in major releases, yes. I was thinking of the poetry collections, and by "big" I just meant the number of pages/poems. Days Run Away has 92 poems, Mockingbird 97, but then Burning had 130 and Love is a Dog from Hell had 160, up there with what the later collections would contain. The collections got "bigger" as time went on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back