• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

It catches my heart in it's hands (1 Viewer)

Hi,

I have a first edition fine copy of it catches my heart in it's hands, this is one of the 40 special edition copies signed with some extra wording in silver pen.

it comes with a letter from john webb and some flyers and a news paper cutting about Bukowski's death.

I also have a copy that is also fine, of crucifix in a death hand, with original book band.

Plus a poem, about Gypsy Lou and Bukowski

Any idea what these are worth in current market,

Thanks in advance

here you go

IMG_3443.JPG IMG_3432.JPG IMG_3445.JPG IMG_3449.JPG IMG_3463.JPG IMG_3472.JPG

thanks

Thanks for sharing those...the Crucifix is very common, in fine condition I think they’re worth max $250, although people ask ridiculous prices for them. If it was embellished with art or one of the odd “special” copies, then definitely north of $250.
The Catches is very cool. In my opinion it’s worth around $1200-$1400. I just picked up a fine regular copy for $600. But once again, people don’t seem to be clamoring for those books right now, so it’s been a buyers market for awhile. Like I said, just my 2 cents.

I'd think $250-300 for the Crucifix (it looks quite clean from what I'm able to see) and more like $1,000-$1,200 for the It Catches. The teal-backed cork cover seems to be more desirable/less common than the red backing but the common crease in the fold-over flap (bottom of first picture) might put this in "very near fine" condition rather than fine. Then again, I haven't followed the market very much recently and we're not far off on estimates, so splitting hairs doesn't really matter in a buyer's market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back