• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

It Catches My Heart In Its Hands (1 Viewer)

cirerita

Founding member
right now there are 2 copies offered on ebay.
The price for one of them is $895 Buy it Now (no bidding):
http://cgi.ebay.com/IT-CATCHES-MY-H...ryZ29223QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The other one is from the PBAgalleries live auctions. Starting price, $1,500, estimate $3,000-5,000, plus buyer's premiun fee -20%, I think:
http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/10...28200QQitemZ6609525830QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

both books seem to be in good condition. Isn't it a bit absurd this wide range of prices?

Yeah, those prices may be upside down, especially considering the fact that the less expensive one appears to be one of only 10.

According to Al Fogel's Bukowski checklist, there were only 10 copies of It Catches My Heart In It's Hands that included a painting on the signature page, and it looks like the one available for $895 right now is one of them. Someone is going to get a bargain. I know that one of those ten had most of it's value stripped away when it was taken apart and put into the library binding. That's the one I have. So there are only nine (or fewer, if others were damaged) out there like that one.

I think PBA is banking on the Webb association with theirs. But that association, strong though it may be, isn't worth the premium they are placing on it. Maybe at the opening bid, but certainly not at their estimate. And I wonder what they base that estimate on? Seems like wishful thinking to me.

mjp said:
According to Al Fogel's Bukowski checklist, there were only 10 copies of It Catches My Heart In It's Hands that included a painting on the signature page, and it looks like the one available for $895 right now is one of them. Someone is going to get a bargain.
Christ, I have to get out my Krumhansl Bible....
Is this really one of 10!
It's worth a lot more than they are asking
And from what looks like a reputed bookseller? They should know better....
Anyone want to go halves with me :)
Off to Aaron's book

Oh come on, a few minor faults.... Ha Ha is right
But listen, my Krumhansl doesn't say anything about 10 copies that include a painting....
And would you even call that a painting in the Buy-It-Now edition?

zoom man said:
But listen, my Krumhansl doesn't say anything about 10 copies that include a painting....
And would you even call that a painting in the Buy-It-Now edition?
Maybe Krumhansl didn't know about them? I got the info from Al Fogel's check list/price list.

I wouldn't exactly call them paintings, no, but they're different than the rest, and I've only seen two others like that one, so I'm assuming that's what Fogel was referring to. There were no copies of It Catches... with inserted paintings like the later Black Sparrow books had.

$499 would be a great price if the signature page was there. Even with the ink stain. But I think it's still high for a mutilated version.

I've never owned this book with the original cover...is the cover card stock, like Crucifix, or is it a hardcover?

cirerita said:
from $795 to $499!

but...Reserve not met... so might still be $800

Wonder where the signed page ended up?

Jesus, did you see that one for auction went for 6 grand!
(I guess I'm unearthing this old thread....)
And yo!, Cirerita, they are not soft covered...

I think I'll list my Presentation Copy,...
(I'm raising $ to get my butt to New Orleans, landing comfortably)
And I should've started a new thread,
But has anyone sold an item via e-bays live auction format?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back