It's about time I'm doing this! (2 Viewers)

Hello fellow Bukowski-fans!
My name is Minik and I live in Denmark. I am 23 yrs. old and I work as a freelance sound engineer besides the studies...

I discovered Bukowski through an American band named Ministry. I read an interview with the singer who praised William S. Burroughs, so I decided to check him out. While I was ordering the book at the bookstore, the clerk recommended me this dude, Charles Bukowski. I said, right on, let me have it! (I needed a new supply of books anyway...)

So here I am, 3-4 years after I discovered Bukowski!

The bar at the top of the page suggests me to make a post, telling me what (or who) I had for dinner and jump back in the water as you all guys miss me.

So, I haven't had anything for dinner yet, as I am busy at the office and I plan to eat some micro-wave stuff! :)

HELLO!

Welcome aboard HM!
You have now discovered the Ultimate Bukowski Goldmine on the internet.
Mark mye words.
:D

Yeah, hehe! Great song and record, by the way!

I've been a member of this forum a couple of months, but haven't bothered to post anything yet - But I'll be doing it from now on!
Cheers!

Hello, Welcome! Good first post. Enjoy your microwave bounty.

Welcome Minik! It's cool with another Dane around here. I was beginning to think I was the only Danish Bukowski fan in the world...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I haven't had anything for dinner yet

That's one of the cleverest, friendliest things I've
ever read here.

You'll be right at home here.

sign0100.gif

Hi guys!
Thanks for your nice and friendly replies! If I'm around your hometown, doing a job (I work as a freelance sound engineer), I'm sure I can write you on the guestlist :)

SUNBEAM!

Yeah, hehe! Great song and record, by the way!

Yes, the whole album is great. I think that this was their best.

For those that want to pick this up, the song with Burroughs talking is only available on the CD Single of "Just One Fix". The full CD is called Psalm 69 and is pretty damn great, but has no Burroughs.

Bill

Speaking of Burroughs, there's a great CD called "Spare Ass Annie" where he reads bits from his books to the music of "The Disposable Heroes Of Hiphoprisy". It's not bad at all!

I'm glad you like it too, Roni! "The Junky's Christmas" is great!

Bill: That's funny! I have "Dead City Radio" too. It's great, but I prefer "Spare Ass Annie" if I have to choose...

'Dead City Radio' is great in some parts. But to just have it rolling in the bg like a soundtrack, 'Spare Ass Annie' is easier for me.

Burroughs,%20William%20S.%20-%20Dead%20City%20Radio.jpg

Hello fellow Bukowski-fans!
My name is Minik and I live in Denmark. I am 23 yrs. old ...
Welcome, Minik. You don't sound like a melancholy Dane ... and trust me, at 23 you've got the world by the tail. Don't let go, dude! Everyone else is right ... this is the site to be. You're gonna love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back